cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My only AMEX is $500 Zync, anyway to cancel Zync and keep my points for the new card I apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only AMEX is $500 Zync, anyway to cancel Zync and keep my points for the new card I apply for?

Right now I'm stuck with the $500 limit Zync because I had such a small credit profile when I applied for the Zync. I'd like to be able to cancel the Zync, keep my current points, and apply for a BCE. Is this possible? I only have 1,742 points right now, but  I'd obviously like to keep these points if I can.

Because of the fear that I think I might loose all my points, I have barely been using my Zync.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

Re: My only AMEX is $500 Zync, anyway to cancel Zync and keep my points for the new card I apply for

don't think you can transfer points to bce if anything you could app for green them convert you're express points to membership points,

chase sapphire preferred 5k
capital one venture 5k
amex blue cash preferred 2.5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 2 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: My only AMEX is $500 Zync, anyway to cancel Zync and keep my points for the new card I apply for

Cancel zync, and then app for Green.

You will not get approval for green, while you have zync with a hard limit.  Points will be there.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's true about the transfer or points between the bce and Zync.

Repo why do you recommend the Green? Is it because its points are compatible with the Zync's points? Because I probably won't get approved for the BCE? Because the Green is a better card?
Message 4 of 8
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Wow. I didn't know the zync had a credit limit. How long have you had it?
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since May. When I accepted the card I didn't know it would be locked at 500,and I that I couldn't get any other cards when you having the 500 limit Zync.
Message 6 of 8
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Because the green earns MR points, the BCE doesn't...

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:
Wow. I didn't know the zync had a credit limit. How long have you had it?

Zync had 2 offerings...NPSL and also a card with a limit.  Card with the limit is...well...limiting!  There's really not a lot one can do with it other than cancelling and applying for a different card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.