cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My patience hath runnith out with Discover.

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: My patience hath runnith out with Discover.

You should of just asked your CU to give you a blank temp check instead of a letter from the bank manager. I have done it multiple times for direct deposits with chase, wells, and my local CU. 

Message 21 of 28
fot1
Established Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

This forum is designed to help others whether we think they will take our advice or not. There is no need to add non-constructive comments to further feed the fire. 

And this forum does that %99.5 of the time.. But that also has to be a two way street.. Op was not asking for advice in this post, and in other threads Op has almost always gone against every piece of advise given..

Too many to list..
Message 22 of 28
Bman70
Established Contributor

Anyone with 37 plus inquiries has a certain genius, if a misguided one. Smiley Happy But he may yet come over from the dark side

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 23 of 28
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

This forum is designed to help others whether we think they will take our advice or not. There is no need to add non-constructive comments to further feed the fire. 

And this forum does that %99.5 of the time.. But that also has to be a two way street.. Op was not asking for advice in this post, and in other threads Op has almost always gone against every piece of advise given..

I agree. But if that is the case, don't comment, just drive on.  

Message 24 of 28
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

(nm)
Message 25 of 28
hilarybanks
Valued Member

I don't know who you bank with, but at Chase, they will print you a check for free at the teller. They call them "counter checks" or something like that. I don't use checks, but when I need one occassionally, I do that. They come three on a page. 

Barclay Visa Fin $1500 | Wal-Mart Discover $2000 | AmEx BCE $3000 | Target $3000 | Slate Visa $4800 | Hyatt Visa $5000

Last App: 3/16/2014 (Current FICO 740 per 4/07/14 Barclay FICO)
Message 26 of 28
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

I've never, ever, ever, have had a company be so picky. I'm apping for the secured card.

Got an email stating I need to upload proof of bank ownership. They said a statment or a voided check. I don't use checks, so I uploaded a bank statment. 

They said it wouldn't work, needs to show the full account number. I told them I've been with 5 different banks, NO BANK shows the full account # on a statement for security purposes. Otherwise someone could steal a statment, get the routing number, and drain your account.

So I called my credit union and had them snail me a letter on official letterhead signed by the branch manager stating, yes I do have an account with them, yes my full account number is XXXXXX, and my full address is XXXX.

Got a phone call. Won't work, they said they needed the routing number also.

I told them its on their website, they said they need to "verify the routing number".

I told them "why the hell do you need to VERIFY a routing number? It's not an number specific to each account, it's used for EVERYONE who banks there!".

Even called the supervisor, no dice.

Now I'm going to have to recall the bank, and have them mail me another letter that has both my bank account and routing number on it.

This is total BS. If this letter don't work I'm never going to consider them again in the future.

OP, you're making life way too difficult on yourself.  Discover is a bank, and thus has a right to demand any pertinent documentation from you before approving your application.  

It seems you want to submit the documents you want (not the docs Discover is asking for).  You cannot edit your bank records and expect this to be acceptable proof for the bank!  It's certainly your right send them whatever you are comfortable sending, but then you shouldn't be surprised or frustrated Discover isn't playing ball.  BTW I'm sure the documents you were uploading are sent over a secure, encrypted site.  So the chances of it getting hacked and your information being compromised are pretty remote.

Anyway, these proof mechanisms are put in place for both the protection of the bank and your protection.

Message 27 of 28
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

Couple facts and/or observations:

- This thread has 3 pages of replies, and OP has yet to return to address, neither agree nor disagree, with any replies or pieces of advice people have offered. (aside from a non-related complaint about a CREDITONE pre-approval.. :rolls eyes: )

- This seems to be a pattern with other similar posts from OP, which most everyone seems to already be aware of.

So, why are we still replying this? 

OP doesn't need ya'll's advice. He doesn't want it. He's made that very much clear on at least TWO internet forums I myself am aware of. He just wants to complain to any open ears, and it sure looks to me like he's getting what he wants. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.