Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plans for 2016, what are yours?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: My plans for 2016, what are yours?

@Anonymous wrote:

Get the PenFed Visa Defender, and close the Cap One QS.

Close Overstock.

Close Sportsmans Guide.

Ah, another considering dumping the cap one.  Congrats.  Must look into defender.  Or, stick with Alliant as a goal.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 62
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

2016 =

Pay off Christmas

No App's

Bank Cash

Bank More Cash

Bank More Cash

and, oh yeah....

Bank Even More Cash

Love that pay off and bank more Cash.  Am continuing to invest, but do not want to look at portfolio today.  Not much I can do about it anyway.  I plan on adding more to the savings (each deposit is ear marked).

Signature needs updating
Message 32 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

No applying for credit cards. Smiley Sad

Get CLI's. Smiley Happy

Fund my 401k and IRA more. Smiley Mad

May close Overstock on it's birthday in July. Smiley Surprised

Message 33 of 62
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Get CLI's. Smiley Happy

If your not using it, lose it.

Signature needs updating
Message 34 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Get CLI's. Smiley Happy

If your not using it, lose it.

Good idea.  Wasted space. I keel eet. TY Kindly.  Losing $650!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 35 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goals are:

Paying off all my debt ( I never ever have debt but had a lot of Christmas shopping to do, but will have everything paid off by March)

Requesting for 3x ilmit on my delta gold in about April/May

I travel a lot and have done my research, might app for the capital one venture or amex spg...or upgrade my delta gold , but will app sometime in the summer/fall.

I think that's about it. I kind of got all the credit cards I wanted last year, and my credit is still new, so I guess I'll ask for some credit increases on my cards or just moniter them for automatic increases.

Message 36 of 62
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My goals are:

Paying off all my debt ( I never ever have debt but had a lot of Christmas shopping to do, but will have everything paid off by March)

Requesting for 3x ilmit on my delta gold in about April/May

I travel a lot and have done my research, might app for the capital one venture or amex spg...or upgrade my delta gold , but will app sometime in the summer/fall.

I think that's about it. I kind of got all the credit cards I wanted last year, and my credit is still new, so I guess I'll ask for some credit increases on my cards or just moniter them for automatic increases.

Good goals.  For actual transfer value, SPG is best.  Venture is often changed to a quicksilver around here.  Why?  It is more of a cash back card with redemption for travel only, and charges fee.  Sorta like discover miles. Travel card in name only.  Just something to consider.

Signature needs updating
Message 37 of 62
redpat
Senior Contributor

To see 2017!

That seems to be my plan every year.

I wish all a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get my util down below 10% (currently sitting at 19%)

Get Fico Score to 760+ (Ex credit simulator says it's possible, but I personally don't know if such a jump is)

CLI both Cap One cards, PC Venture into QS, PIF, combine

Apply for Amex BCE (only app this year)

Continue to add to savings and 401K

Will be looking for a house in 2018, so I'm trying to set myself up for that as best as I can!

Message 39 of 62
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I expect the next year to be quite uneventful credit-wise...

I have the best category cards available for my personal spend pattern (as in, nearly completely maximized), so all I can do at this point is 'tweak' my current cards for the occasional CLI.  My Synchrony cards have 'loosened up' quite a bit over the last year, so hopefully that trend will continue.  I've yet to call Credit Solutions simply because so far the CLI button has been working fairly well.

The AF will come around again on my nine-year old QS1 ($79!) and if they once again refuse to PC the account, I plan to simply combine it with my QS Visa - I'm tired of calling each year 'pleading' for a waiver, and I'm not in the mood to play phone-tag with the EO.  Keeping the history going forward would be nice, but it's time to move on.  (I'm aware it will still report for (up to) 10 years, but I'm already having old positive accounts age off, and it is having an impact.)

I'll be closing my Amex Green card in April, since I've yet to find a good use for MR points, and hopefully having less exposure with Amex will make getting a CLI on my BCP card a reality - so far they've denied me three times, always due to an account IIBK 16 years ago.  If I'm stuck with a $1k credit line indefinitely, that's OK too... it's my "grocery store" card, so even at $1k it's quite usable - I guess you could say it's more about my ego at this point... LOL.  Since I consider myself lucky to have escaped the infamous 'black list', I'm inclined to not want to 'poke the bear' too much, and just be happy with what I have.

I'm currently carrying a $3k balance on Discover and $2500 on Care Credit, both at 0% (Discover through October, Care Credit through December).  I was going to aggressively try to have both PIF before the promos expire (as in, ramen-noodle aggressive) but I've decided to simply do the best I can, and when the time comes if I still have a balance to do a BT to my Quicksilver, which seems to have a standing offer for 0%/12 months/3% fee.  It's not perfect, but it will allow me to relax a bit and 'smell the roses', and 3% on that dollar amount isn't going to break the bank.

I'm still trying to figure out Care Credit... I got a crown back in September at 24 months/0% and was expecting the same in November for an even larger dollar amount, but I was only offered 12 months/0%.  It wasn't a show-stopper but it was slightly annoying (I was in no position to argue, just having had a screw put in my jaw).  Thankfully I've now got enough good cards that regularly have 0% or low APR offers that it doesn't matter. Due to Care Credit's interest being "deferred", I'll have it PIF before the promo end date even if I have to sell an organ.

It's ironic, for so many years I thought nothing of paying monthly interest, now the thought of it nearly kills me... LOL  (first-world problems... haha)  Smiley Very Happy

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.