Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent drapping spree !

tag
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

Re: My recent drapping spree !

most impressive!! most impressive!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 31 of 36
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@dodgeball, thanks for the caution, but i know better than to do such thing, I was just curious hahha

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 32 of 36
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Just need to be drinking not necessary drunk Smiley Wink

To me, drapping, which I've done on several occasions,  involves being inebriated enough to go against my better judgement regarding apps.  My inhibitions are surpressed.  My ego is stoked.  I can do no wrong.  The adrenelin and alcohol kick into high gear as I hit the submit button....Smiley Very Happy 

Then I wake up the next morning with congratulatory emails from my new lenders.  Lenders I have no need for, or whose card I have no desire to have.  I log into a daily puller and see the new inq's.  I see my score go down.  I feel remorse at what I've done.  I'm in the midst of a "drappover".  Then within a week or so, the new cards start coming in, and I wonder what in the world I'm going to do with them.   Smiley Very Happy

LoL ! So true

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 33 of 36
distantarray
Established Contributor

grats, but why did you apply for those cards? majority of those cards aren't the best prime cards? I understand getting sign up bonuses and etc but I don't see why you would need so many cards that doesn't offer great benefits or sign up bonuses.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 34 of 36
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

grats, but why did you apply for those cards? majority of those cards aren't the best prime cards? I understand getting sign up bonuses and etc but I don't see why you would need so many cards that doesn't offer great benefits or sign up bonuses.

The NFCU and the USAA cards where no brainers solid prime cards that offer great CLI, the Citibank AA is a keeper for I fly American all the time. I got the chase slate because I wanted to establish a relationship with them and I couldnt get approved for the CSP. The others are crap just got caught up in the moment.

I went with the streth of my credit reports which is Equifax over 700 the others are slightly higher than mid 600's

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 35 of 36
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

The NFCU and the USAA cards where no brainers solid prime cards that offer great CLI, the Citibank AA is a keeper for I fly American all the time. I got the chase slate because I wanted to establish a relationship with them and I couldnt get approved for the CSP. The others are crap just got caught up in the moment.

Brother, I know what that's like. One approval has  inspired another immediate app for me every single time. But that's how I got my USAA card and then again when I got my BCE. Only, I fought the urge off until a few days later; but after reading about it stalkerishly on here, checkin out what kinds of scores are getting approved, and what CRA they pull (my best one). I just couldn't find a reason not to, since I had just been approved for the Delt Gold a few days earlier and denial would only be a SP -- the yes was a HP. Toy limit, but in a year I can be around 9k CLI if all goes well.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.