cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My success story removing credit card late payments! :)

tag
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

My success story removing credit card late payments! :)

I had a late payment 11/2013 with capital one and buckle credit card 12/13. I just spent the last few hours calling my credit card companies asking if there would be anyway they could remove a late payment. my accounts showed that I had made payments but it showed that I didn't make the minimum. Several senior accountants simply said "I'm sorry we cannot further assist you with the request to delete this information" after hours of calling I finally spoke with someone and explained how important it was to remove my late payment from my report. I told both CC companies that approved my request, that I had just applied for a mortgage and had been denied because of the late payment. Not only did tehy remove the payment, but they also credited me back my late fee. so don't lose hope! Keep trying....someone can help you if they want to. Anyone have any idea how much my score will go up with two recent late payments removed? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Re: My success story removing credit card late payments! :)

You were denied a mortgage from having those lates? Anyway, CONGRATS is in order!

Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Wow! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

Yes it dropped my score below the minimum score required to obtain the loan.

Message 4 of 6
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Oops, I didn't realize they were recent. Congrats again! Always set up auto payments for at least the min. It will save you from these situations. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

I've tried that and unfortunately neither of the CC companies offer auto withdrawal. do you know how much my score might go up with two recent payments being removed? I need my score to be 617 at very minimum and it's at 562 now. I also paid off two maxed credit cards

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.