Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tiny limit on Target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My tiny limit on Target

I use my card monthly there and I can't seem to get this thing to even budge. It's been at $300 for almost a year now. Should I get rid of it? I was actually hoping it would turn into their visa/mastercard whatever they offered!! But seeing how I can't even get cli, how will they ever upgrade me lol Suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My tiny limit on Target

Target limits tend to grow slowly (as you've experienced). Is your annual income up to date in your profile? Sometimes that's a factor in their review.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

same here although i've only had one statement cut so no complaining here yet but it came with a letter that said it was a temporary limit but when i called they said its the actual limit Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 12
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

I've had mine for 5 months. Started at $1000 and have been using 5%-20%...small balance reported twice, zero balance reported twice, after 4th statement cut I was bumped to $1600.

What has your use been and have you had any score increases or decreases since you got the card?

Message 4 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I had a target card in 2000 for a $500 cl, where it stayed for 10 yrs, and used and paid that thing monthly with an occasional pay off down to $0.

then out of the blue the upgraded me to their Visa (at the time), and cl to $2k. I had to pinch myself LOL...

Going slow is not new.....
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
I had a target card in 2000 for a $500 cl, where it stayed for 10 yrs, and used and paid that thing monthly with an occasional pay off down to $0.

then out of the blue the upgraded me to their Visa (at the time), and cl to $2k. I had to pinch myself LOL...

Oh wow lol Ten years for an upgrade to a Visa!!!

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Have you tried leaving a balance? Seems some have done this and have been successful in getting some cli.

Wow, Pizza, 10 years, you would be Yoda to mine Grumpy bearSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Physh1 wrote:

I've had mine for 5 months. Started at $1000 and have been using 5%-20%...small balance reported twice, zero balance reported twice, after 4th statement cut I was bumped to $1600.

What has your use been and have you had any score increases or decreases since you got the card?

I use about 20-35% each time... I normally pay it once I hit $90-105 which is about one shopping trip! I normally have to pay at least 3 times a month so I don't max it out. I don't ever let hold a balance, I just pay it off every month. I have also updated my income 4 times since I've had this card. I also called in once to see if they could give me a cli but he told me something about 30-60 day to review? I never got an approval or a denial. Non the less, it's my smallest amount and my favorite place to shop at besides amazon!!! I just wish it would grow just a bit... like I would be more than happy to have a 750 cl. 300 is just too small!!!

Message 8 of 12
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

I think I've had my Target card for about 6 years now, and my credit line has never changed. My income had approximately doubled, but the CL had not budged at all. I've got my profile updated, but it seems like some accounts aren't destined to increase over time. FWIW, I regularly run my card up to 10+% util and this time around was at almost 30% due to holiday shopping. Still no dice on a CLI for me. Hope you are more fortunate, OP!

Message 9 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Oh wow lol Ten years for an upgrade to a Visa!!!

yea...that was back in 2010 when I got the upgrade (before they switched to MC), and then they were IIB in BK7 in 2013 Smiley Sad but...i just recently got the card back, and hoping for a upgrade within 2 yrs...thats MY plan , LOL Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.