cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My turn!!! Yet another Cap One Exec office success!!!

tag
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

My turn!!! Yet another Cap One Exec office success!!!

I got a Cap One Cash Rewards card back in mid September of 2012 on the "credit steps" program.  Started with an initial line of $500.oo and was to increase to 750 after six months of on time payments. 

I have just finished basically a total credit reboot from a financial catastrophe in 2004.  I have a nice low inq total and i just paid my balances down so they total only 5% of my total credit limits.  My last baddie anywhere should be falling off any day from EQ and I have a dispute to pending to help that along a bit.  (its darn near 7.5 years old anyway.

So after reading about all the folks here having success in the Cap One Exec office and it only being a SP, I decided to wait til I had actually paid down the cards, especially my Cap One cards and then yesterday afternoon I let her rip.

I had the usual process happen and was told expect a call in 3-5 business days.  The call came today.  They raised my limit from 500 to 1500!!  I had only asked for 3K and knew they would counter with something.  I did not hold out for more because a 3xCLI inside of 6 months on a SP is fair in my book.  I could not get them to waive off the AF but thats okay.  I will in time Im sure.

So...I want to thank all the folks here at MyFico for providing their experiences and knowledge so that myself and others like me can benefit.  There is an entire encylopedia of knowledge about credit available here which I never knew existed before I arrive at these forums.

This is the first of my ducks in the row and just as soon as all my cards report, I shall be apping for my first primes with Discover, BCE and Chase Freedom (I bank at chase and have for years) and trying to knock the rest of my row of ducks down.

My scores at the time of the SP for Cap One: (All these score are from before I paid the cards down so they will jump once they all report)

TU 680

EX 685

EQ 621 (Still has that last baddie dragging it down.  Dispute pending)

Thanks again friends!!  Smiley Happy Heart

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Re: My turn!!! Yet another Cap One Exec office success!!!

Congrats

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Surprised they didnt give you the whole 3k.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

Surprised they didnt give you the whole 3k.

I think it was because some cards have yet to report.  Once they do I can always try again.  Also my account with them is less than 6 months old. I'll take it and be happy with it for awhile. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 7
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

I could read these stories about the EO at Cap1 all day.  Good job.  I just cancelled my Orchard (HSBC) card and listen to the "Sorry to see you go" speech.

Message 5 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 7
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Congrats on the success!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.