Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My turn on the Barclays AA gallows

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: My turn on the Barclays AA gallows

I will probably call PR next week and try to save the ring. I might be able to build it back up in a couple of years if I can't get it fully restored.
I appreciate the support from everyone.
Even the people that state the obvious. I love them too and enjoy reading their posts as well.😜
To those that have sent PM's, thank you. It's nice to have Forum Friends.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 21 of 98
baller4life
Super Contributor

Good for you woodyman. No one should ever just accept these computer clds without trying to fight to get their limits back. And that's with any lender. Find out the reason of the cld and LEARN FROM IT. And this is from someone who has been there done that! Good luck getting your limits back!
Message 22 of 98
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Sorry this happened OP. But this is why is only have and only WANT ONE card with them. So far they've been good with me and has even given me an auto CLI. But then again my TU INQ's are the lowest of the 3 by about half--TU doesn't see a lot of action from me.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 23 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:
I will probably call PR next week and try to save the ring. I might be able to build it back up in a couple of years if I can't get it fully restored.
I appreciate the support from everyone.
To those that have sent PM's, thank you. It's nice to have Forum Friends.

These are the main reasons I love myfico! Smiley Happy

Hang in there, woodyman, you are going in the right direction! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Good for you woodyman. No one should ever just accept these computer clds without trying to fight to get their limits back. And that's with any lender. Find out the reason of the cld and LEARN FROM IT. And this is from someone who has been there done that! Good luck getting your limits back!

Totally agree with baller4 that fighting to get your limits back is a good idea....

Taking action can often be empowering. Smiley Happy

AA recon all the way...........

a1.jpg

Message 25 of 98
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Jet Blue went from 14,000 to 1,000 $0 balance

Arrival went from 10,000 to 1.450 $1271 balance (PIF monthly. All my utilities were on this card)

Ring went from 20,000 to 3,200 $3000 balance. Paying off a slab from building my house.

I guess my last spree spooked them.

NFCU hit me with 7 TU inquiries when I joined and apped for the products (every time I called on the LOC it was another pull.

I paid everything off and removed all of my bills from the cards.

I'm going to quickly use my $370 in rewards as soon as the payment clears and then SD them and let what ever will be will be.

I have Jet Blue points, but they are safely with Jet Blue

Wow. They make me nervous.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 26 of 98
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Jet Blue went from 14,000 to 1,000 $0 balance

Arrival went from 10,000 to 1.450 $1271 balance (PIF monthly. All my utilities were on this card)

Ring went from 20,000 to 3,200 $3000 balance. Paying off a slab from building my house.

I guess my last spree spooked them.

NFCU hit me with 7 TU inquiries when I joined and apped for the products (every time I called on the LOC it was another pull.

I paid everything off and removed all of my bills from the cards.

I'm going to quickly use my $370 in rewards as soon as the payment clears and then SD them and let what ever will be will be.

I have Jet Blue points, but they are safely with Jet Blue

Don't think of it as a gallows; think of it as a thumb screw, but one you can remove at will Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 27 of 98
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Sorry this happened OP. But this is why is only have and only WANT ONE card with them. So far they've been good with me and has even given me an auto CLI. But then again my TU INQ's are the lowest of the 3 by about half--TU doesn't see a lot of action from me.

+1. I have zero TU inquiries in the last year but my utilization is 77% with them after two big BTs.  Result was an auto CLI.  

Sorry OP but definitely try to recon.

Message 28 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm this sounds rough. I just got my first Barclays card and definitely want more than one in the future. I guess the key is to not scare them.

Message 29 of 98
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ive always said that this is a YMMV sort of thing. "7 INQ from NFCU only on TU'...big deal! That really shouldn't have been the deal breaker.

Everyone is different, and every profile is different. Of all people who should be or have gotten AA from them is me, yet Im still intact.

Ive had 13 new acts this year alone, plus at least 20 INQ, maybe more, IDK, lol..but they seem tolerate me and my crazy app sprees every 6 months.

I treat them very carefully though...
I dont charge more than $150 at any given month; cl is $7k on Sallie Mae, and PIF before statement cuts, and they are used for non-category spend, mostly because I forget to use them for gas/groceries LOL..Plus I never ever carry a balance/BT etc... Ive never even let my balance report with the statement, then pay it either...

I just don't understand why some get the AA and some don't. I know they SP me quite a bit, but I just don't worry about it. I go on with my life, and whatever happens happens. But, they are always in the back of my mind when I use their card, and I also only keep a 1% reporting to the CRA at all times for this reason.

My method may be a little over the top, but so far has kept me out of hot water with them, despite my "risky" sprees every 6 months.

Sorry this happened to you. Are you carrying balances on any other cards other than Barclays? Whats your overall reporting util? Did it go up?

Message 30 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.