Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My turn on the Barclays AA gallows

tag
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Re: My turn on the Barclays AA gallows

Barclay is like a psycho lover: giving you a kiss or a knife! Keeping my head down with my measly 20k cl"s.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 51 of 98
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

Jet Blue went from 14,000 to 1,000 $0 balance

Arrival went from 10,000 to 1.450 $1271 balance (PIF monthly. All my utilities were on this card)

Ring went from 20,000 to 3,200 $3000 balance. Paying off a slab from building my house.

I guess my last spree spooked them.

NFCU hit me with 7 TU inquiries when I joined and apped for the products (every time I called on the LOC it was another pull.

I paid everything off and removed all of my bills from the cards.

I'm going to quickly use my $370 in rewards as soon as the payment clears and then SD them and let what ever will be will be.

I have Jet Blue points, but they are safely with Jet Blue

Don't think of it as a gallows; think of it as a thumb screw, but one you can remove at will Smiley Happy

Bahahaha!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 52 of 98
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

LMAO you guys are cracking me up with these reasons. But, so very true. Smiley LOL I made a personal decision that I am not interested in having any lender that I have to walk on eggshells and live in fear of constantly. As much as a loved my Ring, I let it go and guess what. I found a CU with even better benefits at 7.24% apr. HA! Take that Sir Barclays.

I had this same thinking with Comenity and I haven't looked back

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 53 of 98
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

You know woodyman100, you been on this forum a lot longer than i have and it's always been so very obvious even from my end anyway, that you are and continue to be very responsible with your profile, make adjustments like anyone else, etc.

And it is this very thing that always crops up from Barclays Smiley Mad that gives a member serious trust issues in them.

The above member who suggested that they can't really be counted on is 100% spot-on about them and is why i flushed them out when i did.

I'll call on Monday and find out the exact reasons, but it doesn't take a rocket scientistSmiley LOL

I already had 51 inquiries on TU after 3 months of gardening. NFCU pulled 7 times for 2 CC's, membership and a LOC.

I added a car loan for my wife and her trade in was still reporting. I had a sudden jump of $35k in auto loan debt during the few days that they SP'd AND I went on a little spree and picked up 4 new accounts.

i'm fairly confident they will read this exact same post on this thread right back to me.Smiley LOL

Message 54 of 98
ddemari
Super Contributor

OP, i am sorry about your barclays experience. i didnt post this but a few weeks ago i logged into barclays and they closed all my cards. they have balance chased me and reduced my limits in the past, but this time every card was closed with a zero balance. i have lots of inquiries therefore I knew it was going to happen eventually but it was still sad to see SallieMae, LL Bean, Arrival + and Aviator WEMC go bye. 

Message 55 of 98
baller4life
Super Contributor

So you now have 58 TU inqs woodyman? Ummmm somebody needs to hit the garden again. 😂
Message 56 of 98
baller4life
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

OP, i am sorry about your barclays experience. i didnt post this but a few weeks ago i logged into barclays and they closed all my cards. they have balance chased me and reduced my limits in the past, but this time every card was closed with a zero balance. i have lots of inquiries therefore I knew it was going to happen eventually but it was still sad to see SallieMae, LL Bean, Arrival + and Aviator WEMC go bye. 

Awww man ddemari. That sucks. Sorry this happened to you. 😯

Message 57 of 98
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote:

Justagirl73 wrote:

We need a thread of lenders who don't spook easy. I pif, but there may come a time where I want/need to carry a balance. I don't want to be a nervous wreck the entire time.

It would have been 1 thing if the op had maxed out most of their cards or was even at 80% utility over all. But to have your limits sliced to less than nearly 10% just from pulls??? That's nuts imo. 

This would be a nice to have such a list, justagirl. 

I agree we should do our best to support the OP as it is not easy to come on this board and report AA. I appreciate how hard that must be to put it out there publicly, OP.

Sorry this happened, OP, and I hope it works out for you.

Thanks humuhumunukunukuapuaa. You're always very supportive of other members.

Some posters feel the need to scold veteran members of the board. That, I don't understand.

my response in my head is "No Sh*# Sherlock!

Always trying to act like Daddy and say we "Need to alter our behavior".

I KNOW EXACTLY what my behavior is. 

I' m posting to present data points and quite frankly, poke a little fun at myself.

Some people need to worry a little bit more about there own sand box.

Sorry to hijack your mention on here to vent a bit about something else, but I didn't think you would mindSmiley Wink

Message 58 of 98
taxi818
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Jet Blue went from 14,000 to 1,000 $0 balance

Arrival went from 10,000 to 1.450 $1271 balance (PIF monthly. All my utilities were on this card)

Ring went from 20,000 to 3,200 $3000 balance. Paying off a slab from building my house.

I guess my last spree spooked them.

NFCU hit me with 7 TU inquiries when I joined and apped for the products (every time I called on the LOC it was another pull.

I paid everything off and removed all of my bills from the cards.

I'm going to quickly use my $370 in rewards as soon as the payment clears and then SD them and let what ever will be will be.

I have Jet Blue points, but they are safely with Jet Blue

typical barclays. Im down to 1 card and when paid off i wil say so long to the paranoids on the block. i got cut recently but they only took $600. From 5400 to 4800. Not sure what difference that makes

Message 59 of 98
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

ddemari-It just gets worse and worse with them all of the time.

Sorry to learn that it took it's toll on your cards with them too. Smiley Sad

Message 60 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.