cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife has CapOne QS1 with AF, PreQual shows No AF QS VISA....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife has CapOne QS1 with AF, PreQual shows No AF QS VISA....

Hi all! Smiley Happy

Since I got rid of Merrick Visa wit $79 AF this morning with 3 other cards no AF/rewards-based cards to hold onto.

My wife has 3 cards:

1) Quicksilver One with $39 AF and 23ish% APR

2) Barclay Rewards MC No AF and still higher APR like above (rarely used this card anyway)

3) AmEx BCE No AF, 15 months 0%, will ask for lower rate on her 1st anniversary of this card, it is her primary card.

Capital One granted her waiver of her $39 AF last April and said they proably won't grant again next April.

I played around with Cap One pre-qual, inputted her name, address and SSN, it came out top "Congrats we think you'll like pre-qual card" (not exact words thou') with QS Visa with no AF and range of 16-18%APR

With VISA, she and I can use it at Costco!!! What do you guys and gals think? worth the HP to combine her old QS and her proposed no AF QS Visa and keep the Visa?

Thanks & Cheers!

CAMailman

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: My wife has CapOne QS1 with AF, PreQual shows No AF QS VISA....

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! Smiley Happy

Since I got rid of Merrick Visa wit $79 AF this morning with 3 other cards no AF/rewards-based cards to hold onto.

My wife has 3 cards:

1) Quicksilver One with $39 AF and 23ish% APR

2) Barclay Rewards MC No AF and still higher APR like above (rarely used this card anyway)

3) AmEx BCE No AF, 15 months 0%, will ask for lower rate on her 1st anniversary of this card, it is her primary card.

Capital One granted her waiver of her $39 AF last April and said they proably won't grant again next April.

I played around with Cap One pre-qual, inputted her name, address and SSN, it came out top "Congrats we think you'll like pre-qual card" (not exact words thou') with QS Visa with no AF and range of 16-18%APR

With VISA, she and I can use it at Costco!!! What do you guys and gals think? worth the HP to combine her old QS and her proposed no AF QS Visa and keep the Visa?

Thanks & Cheers!

CAMailman

I'd say she needs to scoop up a QS!

congrats!... I hope

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Her QS1 should be a MasterCard? If it is she wouldn't be able to combine the QS Visa if approved.

If she wants the QS then go for it? She just wouldn't be able to combine visa with MasterCard
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually you can combine QS MC with Venture or QS Visa. I did so.
Message 4 of 6
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

You can combine Visa to Mc you just can't product change a MC to a Visa. There is a QS visa and MC available.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First I would go log into her account and get on the chat feature, ask if you can upgrade your QS1 to the regular QS without the AF. Even if the rep said last time that they won't waive it next time, you never know. I even bet that if you get on every few days, you will get the switch approved if it doesn't work the first time. You may not need to get the new account.

If you want a good Costco card, i'd recommend either the actual Costco card itself, which is pretty much a must-have card overall if you are a Costco member anyway. You could also get the Chase Freedom (which I am sure she will get approved for, albeit with a higher APR after the 15 month 0%) because it has 5% at Costco for the rest of the year, and will probably have it for at least 1 quarter a year going forward I would imagine. Also the BOA 1/2/3 just added Costco to it's 2% category.

If a lower permanent APR is important, I would look towards either a major credit union (such as NFCU if your eligible) or a local credit union. Capital One and Discover typically have great BT offers available, which effectively give you low APR's pretty much permanently.

If you can't get her current QS1 upgraded, then I would go ahead and apply for the regular QS if you really want it, but I would try very hard to get her current upgraded before getting a new account.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.