Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

Swiss Colony? The sausage and cheese shop..lol~ good lord!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 21 of 40
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Im just not really sure I am buying into all of this....LOL

*8/10/13
Message 22 of 40
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just keep on top of your reports- daily. Glad you to the CreditOne app worked out. I guess it confuses them more cause the address and name are the same- not an excuse but I can see how it happened.

Good luck!
Message 23 of 40
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

That exact same thing led me to divorce, 30k of debt, short sale of a home, and 7 years of having bad credit. 

It's not my place to say what to do with the wife, but I suggest getting it worked out. I've been there.

Good Luck.

Message 24 of 40
enharu
Super Contributor

well.

you can either freeze your files, which you should since you already have too many inquiries yourself.

or you can place a fraud alert on all your files. the banks will have to contact you before approving any application.

eitherways, stay in the garden with what you have got and rebuild. 

you really got to talk to your wife. like NJTurnpike said, you guys are spending your credit card like it's some extra money sitting around in your bank account.........

and i'm glad the issue worked out with credit one. you do not want to apply with a SSN number that doesnt belong to you, no matter how desperate for credit.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 25 of 40
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Why you don't have a credit freeze is beyond me.  If my wife was opening accounts behind my back we'd be heading for divorce court and she'd be heading to superior court on felony credit fraud charges. 

Message 26 of 40
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Why you don't have a credit freeze is beyond me.  If my wife was opening accounts behind my back we'd be heading for divorce court and she'd be heading to superior court on felony credit fraud charges. 

I wouldn't necessarily agree with immediately taking civil and legal action, but what your wife did is the same thing as lying to you. If you're not on the same page when it comes to your finances and her decisions are ruining your mutual financial situation, you need to either get control of the situation and take whatever backlash she gives you or live in financial ruin.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 27 of 40
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

My wife knows nothing of my credit repair journey other than I;m trying to rebuild my credit. She does not know that I have applied and been approved for new credit cards and I am not going to tell her. She has been hospitalised for months so it isn't hard to keep this from her. She is 17 years younger than me an cannot handle her own bank account much less credit card so for her own protection I dont tell her....

Message 28 of 40
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

@dddewdrop wrote:

My wife knows nothing of my credit repair journey other than I;m trying to rebuild my credit. She does not know that I have applied and been approved for new credit cards and I am not going to tell her. She has been hospitalised for months so it isn't hard to keep this from her. She is 17 years younger than me an cannot handle her own bank account much less credit card so for her own protection I dont tell her....

Well, first of all dddewdrop, you need to fix your sig. I'm getting an OCD attack just looking at it. Need to fix! Need to fix! Smiley Frustrated

Good on you for getting your financial sitution under control. It's maybe just a tad of grey area not telling your wife about YOUR credit cards, but not necessarily wrong if she obviously can't handle the responsbility of sharing them with you.

I'm not in the exact same boat as you with a younger significant other, but mine is 5 years younger and while an utter financial wreck, needs an education on proper credit usage.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 29 of 40
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I feel like I am being punk'd.  But...

My ex husband ruined my credit and it took YEARS to build it back up. You need to protect yourself.

Who buys that much sausage and cheese?  And that is amazing that your SSN is that close to your dad's...is that typical?

You have a DW problem, much more so than a credit problem.  I love and trust my husband, but the one thing we do not share is our credit.  Once burned, lesson learned...

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.