Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFICO Scores improving from APP Spree

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

MyFICO Scores improving from APP Spree

Well,

I pulled the trigger today and updated MyFICO TU and EQ.

To my surprise I am recovering nicely from major app spree on 3-13-13.

MyFICO TU is a amazing 793 and MyFICO EQ is a good 755.

Just trying to hold back any apps for now, need more time to age accounts.  I think the biggest thing holding me back is AAoA is at 3.9 years.  Maybe one more AMEX to get another 22.5 added to AAoA, but even that is a strech.

But, really I don't need any more cards, finding it getting hard to manage getting some use on all the cards.

My UTL is at 5% and I will work on getting that down to 1%, and I have two accounts reporting a balance because I missed a PIF prior to statement cut.  That is taken care of now, so next report it will be only one account, hopefully down to 1%.

I am so amazed of how I have been able to recover from bad stuff in the past.

I am just pressing forward trying to get the coveted 800 club.

Thank you all in the Forum for all the advice.  Any other suggestions by the members is appreciated.

Have a great day !!!!!

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: MyFICO Scores improving from APP Spree

You've done extremely well and your CS demonstrate that fact! If you don't need one then don't add another cc to your portfolio ESP if keeping up with them is cumbersome. If you were to add an Amex, a charge ( to replace your debit card) or a BCE/BCP.

IMO, letting your new accts age and keeping that util to your sweet spot is the best cause of action.
Message 2 of 6
JonStur
Established Contributor

Way to go!!! I'm in recovery phase myself so I know the feeling...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 6
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Well,

I pulled the trigger today and updated MyFICO TU and EQ.

To my surprise I am recovering nicely from major app spree on 3-13-13.

MyFICO TU is a amazing 793 and MyFICO EQ is a good 755.

J

I just completed an app spree applying for and landing 4 cards.  What were your scores before your spree and after they all reported?  How many cards did you end up getting in March?

Message 4 of 6
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Here are the stats of spree.

Prior to App Spree MyFico EQ was 766, MyFico TU was 784, and EX from Experian was 742.

So, I did my first ever APP Spree on 3-13-13.  I kind of liked 3-13-13 format. All done with in one hour.

Here is what I did.

Pen Fed Cash Rewards Visa.  Instant Approval of 19k, EQ Inq.

Pen Fed Personal LOC asked for 25k, Counter offered 20k, accepted, same EQ Inq.

Citi Hilton Honors, Got message, called in and verify a bit of info, Approved 15k, EX Inq.

Sams Club Discover, Got email approved, called in 1.5k credit recon to 3k, TU Inq.

Chase Prioirty Club, called in automated status Approved, 8.4k, EX Inq.

Amex Hilton Surpass, Instant Approval, only 2k, but maybe 61day 3X,  EX Inq.

B of A Hawaii Visa, Approved 5k, but 2 HP’s one on TU Inq, 1 on EX Inq.

But, add them, 7 accounts approved in a matter of a few days, total CL of $72,400

Took 4 Exp Inq. 1 EQ Inq, and 2 TU Inq.

After the two Inq on TU, I had 0 prior, MyFICO TU is 784, UTL is 7%, one account w/ bal.

After the one Inq on EQ, I had 4 prior, MyFICO EQ is 774, UTL is 7%, one account w/ bal.

After the four Inq on EX, I had 9 prior in last 12 months (so now 13) My Experian Score is 742.

Smart Credit has me at 776, with the 2 new Inq on TU

Credit Karma has me at 747 with the 2 new Inq on TU

Now I will wait to see the damage in all these new accounts reporting.  The only great thing is the Amex Hilton Honors will be backdated 22+ years and that will save my AAoA and make it about 3.3 years.

Total available credit line is an eye popping $ 144,350.00

My income is $104,000 per year.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Nicely done 

I wish we knew more about the perfect storm so to speak..

App'ed June 2012 scores fell of the map 5 months to recover

App'ed Dec 2012 Scores stayed the same started moving upward 1 month later

App'ed June 2013 wish me luckSmiley Surprised

Somewhere there's a magic amount of account,inq's,aaoa, that makes scores react in a positive way just wish I knew 

Congrats on hitting the perfect storm

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.