Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico exp score & AMEX

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

MyFico exp score & AMEX

Is the exp score from myFico the same as the one that American Express uses?
AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
rockinn8
Contributor

Re: MyFico exp score & AMEX

I'd like to know as well, I'm so tempted to apply for an Amex card right now but Im holding off until June...let us know and Good Luck OP!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Amex uses a proprietary risk scoring system.  I believe that your actual FICO is part of that algorithm but the score they have provided has never matched my FICO from here.  

Message 3 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@rockinn8 wrote:

I'd like to know as well, I'm so tempted to apply for an Amex card right now but Im holding off until June...let us know and Good Luck OP!

why are you waiting till june? with a 748 EX score, you can most likely qualify for a revolver, if you aren/t  sure you will qualify for some reason, apply for the gold PRG card if for no other reason to lock in 2013 as your membership year, and future AP's are only a SP unless approved.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

At 748 I would bet on approval

Message 5 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@rockinn8 wrote:

why are you waiting till june? with a 748 EX score, you can most likely qualify for a revolver, if you aren/t  sure you will qualify for some reason, apply for the gold PRG card if for no other reason to lock in 2013 as your membership year, and future AP's are only a SP unless approved.

+1

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect Amex uses the Bankcard enhanced version of the '08 FICO model.

I have a difficult time understanding how I possibly qualified for the cards that I did from them otherwise when I got them.

        
Message 7 of 12
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Mine two weeks ago was within 1 point of my myfico score.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 8 of 12
rockinn8
Contributor

I am waiting until June because although my EX is my highest, I will have a year of CC age, most (all) of my credit history comes from student loans and a car loan. Plus I'd like some inqs to age as well, that and my overall utl is 22% I'd like to get that down below 10% first.

Message 9 of 12
rockinn8
Contributor

Applying for the PRG to lock in year for back dating is something I haven't thought of to be honest...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.