Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFico, you've done it again!!!

tag
Danique
Regular Contributor

MyFico, you've done it again!!!

Haven't been here much but I still try and take heed to what I have learned. Was feeling a little bored so I decided to see if I could get some CLIs thrown my way. I have 2 Orchard Bank cards, one was increased $100, the other wasnt. Have two FP cards, one was increased to $150, the other wasnt. Credit One increased to $100 after I called to close the account. That account has a $0 balance. All I have been paying is the $7.00 fee so I couldnt see paying $20 for an increase of $100. I decided to pull the 'I want to close my account' card to see if I could get the fee waived. After trying to tell me how valuable the card is to rebuilding my credit, the rep places me on hold. When she returns, she tells me the fee is waived as a one-time courtesy. Yippee!!! I would have tried the same with my FP card, they charged $25, but it has a balance of about $75. I will only try that with a card that has a $0 balance. I will be calling them about the card they declined the CLI for. Just waiting to get my letter indicating why they denied it. My balance on that account is $50.00 and the CL is $300. If they refuse to give me the increase, I will close it. I've gotten about $350 in increases this week and I have paid my balances down so my UTI shouldn't suffer.
Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: MyFico, you've done it again!!!

@Danique wrote:
Haven't been here much but I still try and take heed to what I have learned. Was feeling a little bored so I decided to see if I could get some CLIs thrown my way. I have 2 Orchard Bank cards, one was increased $100, the other wasnt. Have two FP cards, one was increased to $150, the other wasnt. Credit One increased to $100 after I called to close the account. That account has a $0 balance. All I have been paying is the $7.00 fee so I couldnt see paying $20 for an increase of $100. I decided to pull the 'I want to close my account' card to see if I could get the fee waived. After trying to tell me how valuable the card is to rebuilding my credit, the rep places me on hold. When she returns, she tells me the fee is waived as a one-time courtesy. Yippee!!! I would have tried the same with my FP card, they charged $25, but it has a balance of about $75. I will only try that with a card that has a $0 balance. I will be calling them about the card they declined the CLI for. Just waiting to get my letter indicating why they denied it. My balance on that account is $50.00 and the CL is $300. If they refuse to give me the increase, I will close it. I've gotten about $350 in increases this week and I have paid my balances down so my UTI shouldn't suffer.

Congrats!!  Every increase helps you.  So for now, what limits do all your cards have??  When were they opened? (all this helps in eventually getting the nice cards you really want!)

The older the accts & the higher you can get your limits...then the nicer cards you can attract.

I remember for the longest time, I had a couple rebuilder cards & was still in the process of getting the baddies either dropped early or waiting for them to age & drop off.  Sat in those mid to upper 600's for over three years til my once collection dropped...then I started soaring forward!

Even with the fees, I wouldn't be where I finally am today without the rebuilders.  Sometimes you have to pay a bit more to get to where you want to be.  I just closed my Credit One card in November after 4.5 years.  That card served me well.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
Danique
Regular Contributor

Orchard #1: $500 CL - $313 Avail *- acct that rcvd limit -- Opened 5/2007

Orchard #2: $500 CL - $293 -- Opened 4/2008

Visa from CU: $1K CL - $446 Avail -- Opened 9/09

Walmart: $500CL - $222 Avail -- Opened 9/2009

FP #1: $400 CL - $300 Avail *- acct that rcvd limit -- Opened 6/2008, I think

FP #2: $300 CL - $243 Avail -- Opened 5/2009

Credit One: $350 CL - $350 Avail *- acct that rcvd limit -- Opened 5/2009

JCP: $200 CL - $200 Avail -- Opened 9/2009

Old Navy: $250 CL - $179 Avail --Opened 9/2009

I try to keep my cards with no less than 50% UTI. When they are, I try to make sure a few cards are paid off or close to being so. I think I'm at 35% UTI now. Will be making payments on some cards before the month is out, so I'm hoping to get my UTI to 25% or less...

Discharged 4/28/2016
EQ-530/EX-600/TU-469

Current scores as of 2/06/2017
EQ-664/EX-667/TU-654

CapOne Quicksilver- $2,500

NFCU CashRewards - $12500

Overstock - $2200

Wayfair - $2200

HSN - $1250

Victoria Secret - $250

Discover IT - $1200

Amazon - $800

Message 3 of 5
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI's!!  I too believe that the rebuilder cards serve a great purpose in our ultimate goals in credit building.  What ever the short term costs are, its worth it in the long term.  I'm not charging anything unless I absolutely have to.  I too just went on a 2 day CLI spree this week and I am very proud to say that I have successfully added $2900 to my credit portfolio!  With only one hard pull that I know of and even still, I haven't received an alert telling me that I have a new inquiry so my fingers are crossed that none will appear.  Here's what I got:

Childrens Place - $600

New York & Co. $200

Orchard - $100

Macy's - $500

Chase - $200

The Room Place $500

Pottery Barn - $800

These new credit limits along with me paying almost $2000 in credit card debt in the month of January should take me from 68% util to below 50%.  Still high but I have until the end of this year to pay the others down. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

To the OP.....Maybe in a few months (after the cards that didn't get the increase are PIF) call both issuers & ask if the newer card can be combined with the older card.  Then you will have one from each with higher limits & only one fee per.

When you can show cards with a limit near 1k, then the next you app for will be more likely to give you a nice limit.  High limits beget higher limits.  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.