Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfico does not pull split files.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Myfico does not pull split files.

TU says that lenders when they pull the computer system will automatically merge a split file and send them one file but when I order the report on Myfico I just get the first report and score and it's missing over half of my accounts but for sure not the bad stuff!

Anyone else experienced this? is this something that should be updated in the system to pull and consolidate split reports? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myfico does not pull split files.

@Creditaddict wrote:

TU says that lenders when they pull the computer system will automatically merge a split file and send them one file but when I order the report on Myfico I just get the first report and score and it's missing over half of my accounts but for sure not the bad stuff!

Anyone else experienced this? is this something that should be updated in the system to pull and consolidate split reports? 

I'm lost, how does a file get split? Explain further

Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Credit reports can only hold so many *points* I think she called them (accounts) i believe it's somewhere around 75 or 100 accounts per file.

The problem with my split file is all my bad accounts are listed on the main report that I see when I pull myfico, and all my good old accounts are listed on the 2nd file.  TU Rep assured me when I apply for credit, they are getting one report and never even know I have a split file, but the score they are going to get from 1 report is going to be different then the one I get in the split file.

They have submitted it once again to try to consolidate but if not then I have to go through and see if there are any accounts over 7 years old that I would be willing to give up but she says old or not I'm not sure I would want to get rid of "good" accounts just to have 1 report. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that's dirty.....I learned something new today. Thank you for sharing this information. Oh and I wanted to ask you this also. What in gods name are you doing with so many accounts. You must be very rich or a very skilled money manager to maintain that many accounts.Smiley Very Happy I hope you get it sorted out in any case........

King

Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the trick is to pay them within 3 days of coming in and get them filed and off my desk.

It is stressful if traveling for a week because when I get home depending what time of month that could leave me over 25 accounts to go through.

and for sure not rich or they wouldn't have balances! 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes this happened to my wife about a year ago (EQ)  had a split file on her.The only reason we knew it was during a app for a new auto loan. only 3 positive acct came up on her EQ pull.It took some doing but we were able to correct the problem in about a week.She did not loose any info or accts while merging the 2 files back together.And maybe (TU) is different but im not sure if I would believe them when they say if a creditor pulls your report they will merge together.That wasn't the case for EQ..
Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ya I don't think I believe her either, because if it does merge, why wouldn't it merge for me also.

and wouldn't they then for sure merge when pulling TU out of all places!!

I have been dealing with split files since I was 19, not sure what I usually loose but usually one call gets them back to one report, but now I'm really pushing the numbers with all the accounts.

I tried to convince her to just move the BK over to the 2nd report and we would be good! lol 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I tried to convince her to just move the BK over to the 2nd report and we would be good! lol 

Wouldn't that be great.

All joking aside i would fix this split asap.You may run the risk of loosing accts for good....

Message 8 of 15
maestro
Valued Member

Split files can occur due to name mismatches between the name(s) on your file and the name with the creditor.

Suggest you check this avenue as well.

Message 9 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Creditaddict wrote:

Oh, they are so full of crap. They own the file(s), it's split in their servers, and anyone who tries to pull your report will get the fragments.

If this weren't so, we wouldn't have posts from members who were turned down for a card or something because their partial file generated a 490 score or something.

I swear, CSR's will say anything...

maestro wrote:

Split files can occur due to name mismatches between the name(s) on your file and the name with the creditor.

Suggest you check this avenue as well.

This is true, but I think in Creditaddict's case, it's the sheer number of accounts.

Files also split from high numbers of soft inquiries, especially with those of us who monitor our credit a lot. It happens so often with Equifax now that they barely blink when you call.

There's only so much data space available in your credit files.

I behooves everyone to have a print-out of an intact report. If your file splits, you can fax it to the CRA, and they can rebuild from it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.