Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mypoints Visa

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Mypoints Visa

Has anyone been able to get a CLI of more than 500? Is there a possibility of getting more if you go through the automated service rather than doing it online?

It's recommended to keep submitting your info until you reach the 7-10 day message when you are granted a CLI, but it seems you can only do that with other Comenity cards(ie Buckle, Jcrew, etfc). Anyone have proof to the contrary.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Mypoints Visa

I dont' have Mypoints but I do have much better luck through automated phone than online it seems but it's very common for many of the comenity cards to give just $200-$800 at a time but just like online with the automated phone after it gives you the cli it will ask if it can help you with anything else and pretend you just started the call and say

"Credit line increase" and it will say "I can help you with that, but first I need to get some information"!!!

If you do only get 1 increase, charge something, let the statement cut and ask again!

Message 2 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

My last CLI on Mypoints took me from $4k to $6.5k. I just submitted the request online.
Message 3 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got CLI many times. Now I have $6500. I raely used the card. I use the card once every few months.

Ron.

Message 4 of 11
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
My last CLI on Mypoints took me from $4k to $6.5k. I just submitted the request online.

WOW. I never would've thought! Glad to know it's possible to get a couple thousands and not just that lowly 500. 

For clarification... are you saying it was a 2.5k increase given once or did you do it until you receieved the 7 day message?

Message 5 of 11
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I got CLI many times. Now I have $6500. I raely used the card. I use the card once every few months.

Ron.

I've gotten 2($500) increases and it's always six months apart. I'll use the card heavy then put it down.  Next let it charge my Internet bill only. Months later come back and use it heavy. It always tells me I recently got a CLI so need to wait. 

Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It was just 1 increase of $2500 for me.
Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

B335is knows how to rock it! I don't have this card.
Message 8 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Finstar,

It doesn't have a link to apply. You get the card thru pre-approval.

Ron.

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Finstar,

It doesn't have a link to apply. You get the card thru pre-approval.

Ron.

I got a pre-approval last year (can't remember when) but I didn't bite.  I'm ok without this one though Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.