Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myth about Capital One Credit Lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Myth about Capital One Credit Lines

Guardian -

No justification here.....really what this is......is me holding my breath till I get notice on what my new CapOne acct CL will be.

Using hot air, hoped for karma (say nice things and the universe will reward me Smiley Very Happy )!

Man, I'm gonna really be screaming at Cap if they give me a $500 CL......(oh, I mean nice CapOne.....good bank....bring papa a nice CL Smiley Happy )

Message 31 of 48
Guardian
Valued Contributor

We can always grease the wheels of karma and hope for the best, why not Smiley Very Happy I am personally hoping for karma's universal justice and CrapitalOne going out of business. Oh did I say that out loud? I gotta work on that inner monologue.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guardian doesn't suffer from being passive aggressive Smiley Very Happy
Message 33 of 48
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Guardian doesn't suffer from being passive aggressive Smiley Very Happy

SO what you are saying is that I suffer from being active aggressive? I am not even sure if that's even a word Smiley Very Happy Good times, I learned long ago, we are only tools of fate, let the universe sort them out Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

New CapOne Reward Card (Miles Ultra for Professionals - double rewards) came today.......CL $3k.  Okay, I'm not thrilled, but I'm thinking, well when I combine the $1k, it'll be $4k, that will be okay for now, I guess.

Here's the kicker:  I can't combine/merge my original plain jane CapOne $1k with the new card cause I applied for a "specialty card" that cannot be combined with other accounts....system won't allow and she couldn't find any override".

So, I say, "okay....how about you CLI $1000 then new acct and just close the other.....no change in CL exposure for Capital One and I only have to manage a single account?"

CAP Answer:  "Sorry, new accounts aren't eligible for CLI for at least 90 days.  We could request a CLI on your other card though, you've had it for some time."

Me:  "I didn't want to keep the other card, I just wanted to have a single CapOne Reward card, but I don't want to throw my original CL away."

CAP:  "I'm sorry, new accounts aren't eligible for CLI for at least 90 days."

Me:  "So there's no way to combine the accounts, and no way to increas CLI on new account equal to old and close old?"

CAP:  "No sir."

Me:  "Fine....I can't understand why."

CAP:  "Thank you for calling CapOne.  Have I addressed all of your concerns to your satisfaction?"

Me:  no comment

And yes, I called two separate "backdoor" numbers talked to 3 people.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-30-2009 01:31 PM
Message 35 of 48
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Should I actively say I told you so or is it passively implied? Smiley Very Happy

Just kidding, I know this sucks that they did that but what did you expect my friend? Smiley Sad

Either way, best of luck with them and hope it works out for you in the end.

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-30-2009 01:46 PM

Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lay it on me, Guardian.  I activated the card because I falsely believe I was going to be able to combine.

Oh well, at least it wasn't $500.

Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the off-topic comment, but medical examiner's are physician's as well and I would guess they fall into the same professional categories for financial products as "regular" doctors.  
/Currently getting a PhD AND and a MD! Smiley Surprised

@Anonymous wrote:
Nope, I live in Texas.  Just your plain ol county medical examiner hereSmiley Wink

Message 38 of 48
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lay it on me, Guardian.  I activated the card because I falsely believe I was going to be able to combine.

Oh well, at least it wasn't $500.

I wasn't trying to lay anything on you, I was just messing with you. Don't take it so personal. You are right, at least it wasn't a measly $500 like I got, you did better than me, gotta give you that Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take $500... not even CLI $500... I take $300 added to my (4yr run of $200). $150 anyone? anyone?
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.