Valued Contributor
Guardian

Re: Myth about Capital One Credit Lines

DrDr wrote:
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but medical examiner's are physician's as well and I would guess they fall into the same professional categories for financial products as "regular" doctors.  
/Currently getting a PhD AND and a MD! :smileysurprised:

Not off topic at all and you are absolutely right and Mark is being too modest, an examiner is a doctor just much as any other and in some sense deserves the respect for dealing with the dead, most doctors can't deal with that part.

On a separate note, congrats on getting your MD/PhD and best of luck to you. Its very admirable, how far along are you? I was 3 years into an MD/PhD  program back in 98-2000 when I had to give up the program (long story) and came back home and went into law instead. I am still in touch with all my classmates (most doctors now, some doctor/professors and some doctor/researchers) and its always good times. Good luck to you.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Maybe someone will find an unpublished sequel to Catch 22 in Joseph Heller's estate, and it will have been set in a Capital One call center. :smileytongue:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Contributor
Mark-MD

DrDr wrote:
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but medical examiner's are physician's as well and I would guess they fall into the same professional categories for financial products as "regular" doctors.  
/Currently getting a PhD AND and a MD! :smileysurprised:

Mark-MD wrote:
Nope, I live in Texas.  Just your plain ol county medical examiner here:smileywink:

Two extra years of education to earn half the pay.  Sometimes I wonder about my choice:smileymad:

02/14/2009 EQ 797, EX 811, TU 805
Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Maybe someone will find an unpublished sequel to Catch 22 in Joseph Heller's estate, and it will have been set in a Capital One call center. :smileytongue:

Tooooo funny!!!!:smileyvery-happy:
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Mark-MD wrote:

Two extra years of education to earn half the pay.  Sometimes I wonder about my choice:smileymad:

You made a choice to do a noble profession, nothing wrong with that. Karma will pay you back. 

Valued Member
DrDr

Mark-MD wrote:

Well if it makes you feel any better, I completely support your decision to help punish criminals with your MD. :smileyhappy:

Valued Member
DrDr

Guardian wrote:
Not off topic at all and you are absolutely right and Mark is being too modest, an examiner is a doctor just much as any other and in some sense deserves the respect for dealing with the dead, most doctors can't deal with that part.

On a separate note, congrats on getting your MD/PhD and best of luck to you. Its very admirable, how far along are you? I was 3 years into an MD/PhD  program back in 98-2000 when I had to give up the program (long story) and came back home and went into law instead. I am still in touch with all my classmates (most doctors now, some doctor/professors and some doctor/researchers) and its always good times. Good luck to you.

Thanks!

I'm 4 years in (ie 2yrs of med school down, 2yrs of grad school down). I'll be in school forever. :smileyhappy:

Sorry you had to give up the MD/PhD. At least law school was only 3 years!

Valued Contributor
Guardian

DrDr wrote:

Thanks!

I'm 4 years in (ie 2yrs of med school down, 2yrs of grad school down). I'll be in school forever. :smileyhappy:

Sorry you had to give up the MD/PhD. At least law school was only 3 years!

Yeah with everything though, it seems I have been in school all my life. 5 years to get BioChemistry, Physics and Philosophy majors, 2 years Public Health (Epidemology) masters, 3 years of med school (+2 years of PhD before I decided to combine the program). Then, I wish it was just 3 years of law and that's it, that would have been nice. I had to go back to get a second bachelor in Psychology (forensics emphasis) and Political Science (law emphasis) for 2 years (thank god we can recycle some of the GE courses), then 4 years of law school, since I have to work to support my family and then finally the bar and well you get the picture. I feel like I have been a student all my life and probably will be for the rest of it :smileyvery-happy: Good times though and I do miss medicine sometimes but I am content with my choice.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}