Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA CLI experiences?

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

NASA CLI experiences?

Has anyone had experience with requesting and/or receiving CLIs on their NASA CCs?  Not everyone who got accepted during the Big NASA Gold Rush of Fall 2014 received one of those cushy $25K limits, myself included, so I'm curious as to the potential for growth.  Naturally, I'm not going to poke this bear with a stick just yet since they are also my mortgage lender and we don't close until next Wednesday, but has anyone made CLI requests or received auto CLIs, and how did that go?

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: NASA CLI experiences?

How much was your initial limit? I would suspect any potential cli would be a HP after all those SP's they awarded late last year.

Message 2 of 5
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

My SL was $10k, which is my current limit.  It's plenty for general purpose and high enough that I don't really want to burn an HP to raise it, but I would not mind it being higher by way of auto-increases to make it easier to use those monthly low-APR checks for larger expenses should I want to in the future.

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Message 3 of 5
psm
Contributor

How was working with them for the mortgage? I joined this fall in anticipation of buying a house in the next year or so so I am curious. 

08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 4 of 5
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

@psm wrote:

How was working with them for the mortgage? I joined this fall in anticipation of buying a house in the next year or so so I am curious. 

It's been mostly a pleasant experience.  Hard for me to truly judge since this is my first mortgage, so much of my confusion can be attributed to the fact that I have no idea what's going on Smiley LOL  But the people I've worked with in the mortgage department have always been friendly and were able to answer most questions that I had.  My only complaint would be that the process was kind of opaque at times; I think I mentioned over in the mortgage board that I was in processing forever and didn't know why the loan wasn't moving along, but it wasn't until I crossed the 10-days-left mark that the processor was able to tell me they had to wait until they could do the 10-day items like employment verification and the final credit pull.  But overall, I'm left with a positive impression and I'd recommend them to myFICOers looking for a good mortgage lender.

I can say that if you apply for pre-approval, your initial HP will be good for 120 days, and the final check that they do is a soft pull.  Dunno if that is industry standard or not.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.