Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA Credit Union

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

NASA Credit Union

Hello All,

I discovered NASA Credit Union on this forum and applied for membership over a year ago with the intention of utilizing their products. I've been cleaning my financial house and really do not think they are as good as everyone thinks they are. Considering there are much better CU's out there such DCU, SDFCU and Navy Fed, I'm seriously thinking of closing my accounts at NASA. Today I opened accounts with SDFCU and found their products and services to be more competitive. Has anyone had any experience with NASA?

Thanks!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen_Dashman
Contributor

Re: NASA Credit Union

I remember joining them about 10 months ago and applied for an auto loan online where they gave me a rate of like 14% and then declined me after manual review. I left them after that. I later got a rate of 7% on a 2001 car from Affinity Plus CU here in MN.

EX 690 (Credit.com 6/14) | EQ 673 (DCU 6/14) | TU 705 (Walmart 7/14)

BofA BB Rewards 4000 | Walmart Discover 4000 | AMEX BCE 3400 | DCU Visa Platinum 3200 | Affinity Plus Visa Rewards 3000 | Capital One Cash Rewards 1500 | NTB Card 700

Message 2 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

I was never able to figure out the actual terms of their cashback reward card, so I never pursued them.

There's a lot of conflicting information out there about this.

Message 3 of 5
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I agree! The interest rates on their credit cards are not anything special. I'm just going to close it. I have no use for them.
Message 4 of 5
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

I was never able to figure out the actual terms of their cashback reward card, so I never pursued them.

There's a lot of conflicting information out there about this.

Were you looking for the cashback accrual terms or something else?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.