Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 540
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

NASA FCU 2% CC

https://www.nasafcu.com/credit-cards/

 

Platinum Cash rewards

 

Surprised I hadn't seen this discussed before (I assume it has)  Aside from FIA Amex and Pricline only 2% card I know.

 

  • 1% rebate for purchases up to $1,000
  • 1.25% rebate for purchases from $1,001 up to $2,000
  • 2% rebate for purchases from $2,001 or more

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Regular Contributor
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC

PNC Bank has a card (Cashbuilder, I believe) which has a similar structure, but tops out at 1.75%. I'm a little unclear on how this works exactly, but it seems like you have to spend $2,000 in a month before you can start seeing the 2%. That is a little much, IMO, especially given the opportunity cost of putting those purchases on other cards with bonus categories and no minimums.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Established Contributor
Posts: 540
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC


sengpatt wrote:
PNC Bank has a card (Cashbuilder, I believe) which has a similar structure, but tops out at 1.75%. I'm a little unclear on how this works exactly, but it seems like you have to spend $2,000 in a month before you can start seeing the 2%. That is a little much, IMO, especially given the opportunity cost of putting those purchases on other cards with bonus categories and no minimums.

Pnc requires this checking account to earn up to 1.75 

 

https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Blank.do?siteArea=/pnccorp/pnc/home/personal/checking/PNC+Performan...

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,002
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC


zyzzus wrote:

https://www.nasafcu.com/credit-cards/

 

Platinum Cash rewards

 

Surprised I hadn't seen this discussed before (I assume it has)  Aside from FIA Amex and Pricline only 2% card I know.

 

  • 1% rebate for purchases up to $1,000
  • 1.25% rebate for purchases from $1,001 up to $2,000
  • 2% rebate for purchases from $2,001 or more

It is too bad It is a tier rate card. :smileysad: It is not flat 2% card.

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
Posts: 540
Registered: ‎10-22-2012
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC


Ron1 wrote:

zyzzus wrote:

https://www.nasafcu.com/credit-cards/

 

Platinum Cash rewards

 

Surprised I hadn't seen this discussed before (I assume it has)  Aside from FIA Amex and Pricline only 2% card I know.

 

  • 1% rebate for purchases up to $1,000
  • 1.25% rebate for purchases from $1,001 up to $2,000
  • 2% rebate for purchases from $2,001 or more

It is too bad It is a tier rate card. :smileysad: It is not flat 2% card.

 

Ron.


Agreed Ron1. 

 

Check this out... Pricelnines website directly links to a 1% CB card now

 

https://www.pricelinerewardsvisa.com/

 

Sooner or later tier based cards may be all thats left :smileysad:

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Regular Contributor
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC

[ Edited ]

"Earn 1.75% cash back when you make adjusted purchases totaling $4,000 or more."

 

https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Blank.do?siteArea=/pnccorp/PNC/Home/Personal/Credit+Cards/CC/PNC+Ca...

 

It looks like either checking or spending over $4,000 will get you the 1.75%. Regardless, that's even more monthly spend that the NASA card for a lower rate (though it does seem to count for all purchases.)

 

Sad to see that the Priceline Rewards 2% might be going away, too. I personally will probably never apply for it, but it is one the few of its kind out there right now.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,972
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC


zyzzus wrote:

sengpatt wrote:
PNC Bank has a card (Cashbuilder, I believe) which has a similar structure, but tops out at 1.75%. I'm a little unclear on how this works exactly, but it seems like you have to spend $2,000 in a month before you can start seeing the 2%. That is a little much, IMO, especially given the opportunity cost of putting those purchases on other cards with bonus categories and no minimums.

Pnc requires this checking account to earn up to 1.75 

 

https://www.pnc.com/webapp/unsec/Blank.do?siteArea=/pnccorp/pnc/home/personal/checking/PNC+Performan...


You can also just spend $4000 or more a month to get the 1.75%, instead of having that chequing account.

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,002
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC

Yes, it's true. I think the good cash rewards card is BofA 3-2-1 Cash Rewards. It gives you 3% cash on gas/ 2% on groceries/ 1% on everything else.

 

I think it's very good card to have.  There are a few good cash back card like Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+,  Discover IT.

 

 

Ron.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 223
Registered: ‎12-08-2012
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC

I also like the BofA's Travel Rewards card (obviously). 1.5% back when redeemed for anything travel-oriented (1.65% with annual bonus), no minimum spend, no AF, and no foreign transaction fees.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Established Contributor
Posts: 662
Registered: ‎02-20-2013
0

Re: NASA FCU 2% CC

You are forgetting about the citi dividend card. that has cash back categories too.

 

also, capital one platinums can be turned into straight 2% cards. Just complain to the EO that you want rewards, and ask for miles rewards. thats 2 miles per 1$ spent. you can cash out the miles at 5000 intervals for 1 cpp. while a bit inconvenient, that's technically a 2% card as well.


DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.