Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU. Just not worth the hassle

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: NASA FCU. Just not worth the hassle

It's strange but it seems they just happen to be a thorn for some folks, this included myself.

I just chalk it up as those few lenders who swing the door at you instead of for you.

Roughly not quite 6 months or so they closed mine purely out-of-the-blue while a few months in a first BT with them which was on the order of 2500 of 10K line to begin with. First time experience by the way for that.

I continued to make good payments on the outside chance they might just reopen it at some point. I can't finger now exactly what prompted it but there were some NEW accounts i added as anyone while building up a solid profile.

Mind you i already had multiple 20K lines long in progress with the Primes so i likened that action similar to a barclays and marched on.

A couple more months pass and suddenly the balance + remaining limit (<19%) reappears in the Open and Good Standing column on the CRA's. Puzzled at that i called and was told the card was still not usable but of course i didn't fuss about it reporting Open again.

Then i finally decided against all that confusion and PIF the thing and closed both the CU accounts AND the card myself. Effectively a 2nd closure only this time at my request.

I could have PIF that small BT all along anyway. They were making an easy monthly profit on that 7.9 for life offer which they peddle for that card.

Funny thing is my FICO score that they offer simultaneously also increased by leaps and bounds all the way up until i dismissed it myself.

Looking back it was a strange ordeal which didn't even affect anything on my end but at a loss to what they were trying to accomplish to begin with by putting that account through that.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head, turn things loose, and move on. No loss on this end but puzzles me why they weren't interested in the easy interest that came in for them monthly.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.