Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU - Why are they SP'ing me?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

NASA FCU - Why are they SP'ing me?

So I tried to apply Sept. 24th for NASA FCU and got approved for membership, but declined for there CC...  Anyways, long story short I was just looking who was Soft Pulling me recently on Experian and I have seen NASA Federal Union Soft me on the 11th of Nov and again on the 26 of Nov.  What are you thoughts why they might be doing this?  I don't have any loans with them, just the CC I tried to get back in September and haven't even logged on there site since as no need to.  Think are about to offer me a CC lol?  Just weird 2 softs in one month from them.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NASA FCU - Why are they SP'ing me?

Just a thought since I have been a member there have been so many promos I have received with them. I would assume they are SP'ing to try and see if your credit has improved to their approval criteria so that they can solicit you for their credit card again.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a thought since I have been a member there have been so many promos I have received with them. I would assume they are SP'ing to try and see if your credit has improved to their approval criteria so that they can solicit you for their credit card again.

where would i find if any promotional offeres on their site? i'm a member there too, but got declined for cc for too much available credit..

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me reword that, I have had their credit card for 2 months and have already gotten 2 APR offers. Its something they usually will mail.

Message 4 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe they're checking you to see if they can offer you preapprovals.
Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya kinda what i thought maybe I was "Borderline" as people with a worse score and BK got approved while others in my bucket got declined.. Anyways, that ship has sailed and if offered a credit line it wouldnt be one of the outragous ones they were handing out before it left port.   Only speculation why they have soft pulled me twice in the last two weeks approx though

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya kinda what i thought maybe I was "Borderline" as people with a worse score and BK got approved while others in my bucket got declined.. Anyways, that ship has sailed and if offered a credit line it wouldnt be one of the outragous ones they were handing out before it left port.   Only speculation why they have soft pulled me twice in the last two weeks approx though

CC, somewhat OT but how do you check who's soft pulling you on EX?

Message 7 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

CC, somewhat OT but how do you check who's soft pulling you on EX?

Check PM

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.