Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU change policy ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA FCU change policy ?

Hey all. Applied for a mnebership with NASA on Wednesday and a credit card thereafter. Forgot my EXP was frozen so they messaged me asking to lift it. I lifted, and asked for confirmation these would be soft pulls.

In their reply they stayed they are pulling a a HP for BOTH membership and the CC?! I declined it since they gave me the choice to proceed. Seems to be a new policy .. Saw a few others too. Any one else see this ? Is it random or new policy ? I will not be taking a HP for membership - learned the hard way with NFCU last year
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: NASA FCU change policy ?

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey all. Applied for a mnebership with NASA on Wednesday and a credit card thereafter. Forgot my EXP was frozen so they messaged me asking to lift it. I lifted, and asked for confirmation these would be soft pulls.

In their reply they stayed they are pulling a a HP for BOTH membership and the CC?! I declined it since they gave me the choice to proceed. Seems to be a new policy .. Saw a few others too. Any one else see this ? Is it random or new policy ? I will not be taking a HP for membership - learned the hard way with NFCU last year

Question? Why do you freeze your CB's if you plan to apply for credit?

Also I was told the same when I called NASA. It was still a soft pull.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stated *i forgot*. And j wasn't going to apply for the card at all until I heard it was a SP and figured wasn't much to lose. Then was informed it was a hard pull so I said no thanks. Especially for a mnebership
Message 3 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I stated *i forgot*. And j wasn't going to apply for the card at all until I heard it was a SP and figured wasn't much to lose. Then was informed it was a hard pull so I said no thanks. Especially for a mnebership

I was spooked as well by the CSR telling me it was a HP...it wasn't the case for a CC or PLOC.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting thread. I had a sp for both membership and credit card. Wonder if that still happens.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe because they requested to lift it, they will do a HP instead a SP.... my membership and a CC was a SP and a PLOC was a HP for me. I applied for a PLOC few months later.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if things go thru without human intervention, they're pretty much soft pulls. But I think human intervention makes it a crap shoot. My membership was a SP. I was approved for a PLOC but then they asked for income verification. I thought that might make it a HP and was ready to tell them to take a hike (because I kept submitting info and they kept not getting it, but it was due to their goofy website). In the end, both were SP. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for membership and credit card around October last year.  Both were soft pull.  In December 2015 I applied for an auto loan, soft pull.  This month I opened checking account which was a soft pull.  Odd that you cannot "apply" online but rather fill out an online form.  Wednesday I applied for PLOC, was approved and was a soft pull as well.  Nothing was a hard pull, for me anyway. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for membership, PLOC, and cc all 3 were SPs.
Message 9 of 11
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Why would you even want this CU? Did you not see CAPTOOL's thread on all the mess they went through?
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.