Valued Member
Financial_Reinvention

NASA FCU vs. Alliant CU

Hey all, there's PLENTY of info out there regarding Alliant, but not much new info (late 07/early 08) on NasaFCU.  Does anyone have any recent experiences with NASA?  I notice that Alliant is offering about 1.5% more APY on their checking and savings accounts, but that NASA CS is probably superior.

Thoughts?

May 2009: Transunion - 652 Equifax - 680

June 2009: Transunion - 697 Equifax - 715
Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: NASA FCU vs. Alliant CU

from the little i've seen about them recently, they're called the cap1 of cu by some- triple pulls, relatively low cl.  somewhat burdensome application process.  still see nasa luv posts ocassionally from satisfied members who praise yearly soft cli, etc. not really sure what's up at nasa these days. 

when i apped they wanted me to unfreeze EX so i skipped over them and went with Alliant and others.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Re: NASA FCU vs. Alliant CU

[ Edited ]

Been denied three times in last year and a half with Fico's in 700's or vey high 600's.

Last two times they only pulled EQ and EX.

Too much available credit even with low util.

Was pre-approved once but they turned down on manual.

Loan officer said to reduce number of tradelines, don't apply for anything for 6 months and re-app then. Was closing lines anyway and Chase closed 3 CC's involuntarily  for a total of 7 closed. I didn't app for anything and then re-app'ed on suggested date.

Denied by same loan officer, she denied making statement for rules I followed, but very pleasantly.

Keep $ in both checking and savings

Had personal loan w/ them that I paid off early too.

Tough nut to crack for me at least

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 06-10-2009 05:15 AM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}