Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU

tag
TATATA
Regular Contributor

NASA FCU

FYI - NASA FCU just opened a checking and savings account for me with 3 accounts (for overdrafts paid in full 3 yrs ago) reported to Chexsystems. I had read that NASA FCU would not open an account if reported to Chexsystems. I guess they are not as stringent as before.

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: NASA FCU

Congrats

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

I applied with them about 2.5 yrs ago for a share and checking acct. Denied due to Chex showing a CO checking of $200. That has since fallen off and I applied about 3 weeks ago and was approved. Can't speak to their lending standards. Maybe it was only for unpaid baddies. BTW, applied for their CC and denied because the "$10k requested was beyond their credit guideline policies" or something too that effect. I guess I too greedy.

Message 3 of 5
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

llecs -

Can you elaborate on the reason why you were denied for the cc? They offer 3 credit cards: Visa Platinum Cash Rewards and Credit Union Rewards (max limit is 30k for each); Visa Classic (max limit is 10k). Did you call them and ask what  does "$10k requested was beyond their credit guideline policies" mean exactly? Was this the only reason you were declined? Which cb did they pull?  

I'm curious to find out as I will be applying for a credit card with them in about 6 months. Any feedback you can give me is appreciated. Thank you.

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 4 of 5
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Wow, they denied you without a counter-offer?  I asked them for $1200 out of fear of asking for too much and getting declined outright. After getting approved I thought I should have asked for a little more and hoped that they would just offer me less instead of declining me if they had a problem with the amount. I got their Visa classic thinking that it would be the easiest of their cards to get. Had a ton of student loan late payments and was still rebuilding so I was shocked when they said yes.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.