Regular Contributor
TATATA

NASA FCU

FYI - NASA FCU just opened a checking and savings account for me with 3 accounts (for overdrafts paid in full 3 yrs ago) reported to Chexsystems. I had read that NASA FCU would not open an account if reported to Chexsystems. I guess they are not as stringent as before.

Total CL's combine: $141,800.
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: NASA FCU

Congrats

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Congrats!

I applied with them about 2.5 yrs ago for a share and checking acct. Denied due to Chex showing a CO checking of $200. That has since fallen off and I applied about 3 weeks ago and was approved. Can't speak to their lending standards. Maybe it was only for unpaid baddies. BTW, applied for their CC and denied because the "$10k requested was beyond their credit guideline policies" or something too that effect. I guess I too greedy.

Regular Contributor
TATATA

Thanks.

llecs -

Can you elaborate on the reason why you were denied for the cc? They offer 3 credit cards: Visa Platinum Cash Rewards and Credit Union Rewards (max limit is 30k for each); Visa Classic (max limit is 10k). Did you call them and ask what  does "$10k requested was beyond their credit guideline policies" mean exactly? Was this the only reason you were declined? Which cb did they pull?  

I'm curious to find out as I will be applying for a credit card with them in about 6 months. Any feedback you can give me is appreciated. Thank you.

Total CL's combine: $141,800.
Frequent Contributor
FicoScore626

[ Edited ]

Wow, they denied you without a counter-offer?  I asked them for $1200 out of fear of asking for too much and getting declined outright. After getting approved I thought I should have asked for a little more and hoped that they would just offer me less instead of declining me if they had a problem with the amount. I got their Visa classic thinking that it would be the easiest of their cards to get. Had a ton of student loan late payments and was still rebuilding so I was shocked when they said yes.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+