Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA Federal Credit Union

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

NASA Federal Credit Union

I haven’t read much about them on this board but after looking them up on other boards and such they seem to have some pretty good credit cards that give pretty decent CL's... Anybody here in with NasaFCU? Is so, what card do you have? Also, since they are NASA they have some awesome card designs too! OH and on the other forums that I have read it seems that they approve people in the low 600's too! Obviously, I can’t verify that but if they do and if they give some good CL's then they could certainly help a lot of people out..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: NASA Federal Credit Union

Do you have to work for nasa to join?
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 34
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
Do you have to work for nasa to join?

I don’t believe you do BUT i could be wrong.. I believe it’s like any other credit union... Basically, they have multiple ways in which you are eligible to join.. I would try searching their website and seeing if you can find a list which most CU's have that label eligibility

Message 3 of 34
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

https://www.nasafcu.com/membership/associations/

So i found out that all you have to do in order to join NasaFCU is join one of their non profit orgs... aka the moon society haha.. it even says on the bottom of the page that you do not have to remain a memeber of the society that you choose to join in order to keep your NasaFCU membership! Pretty awesome!

Message 4 of 34
Mellon
Established Contributor

anyone got a read on the score requirements for the card? Inq sensitive? baddies?

Message 5 of 34
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

anyone got a read on the score requirements for the card? Inq sensitive? baddies?

I just noticed that in the sticky thread for BK friendly CC's NasaFCU was listed!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BK-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Listed/m-p/34439

Scroll down and you will see NasaFCU and it says 620's... Hmmm!

Message 6 of 34
CS800
Super Contributor

Seems like a nice CU to join. BK friendly no less

Message 7 of 34
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Seems like a nice CU to join. BK friendly no less

Yea, it really does... and seeing as all you have to do is join one of their member non profit orgs (most of them have a small initiation fee between 25 to 50 bucks) it makes it worth it seeing as basically anybody can join

Message 8 of 34
CS800
Super Contributor

I wonder what kind of CL they give (depending on FICO and Income of course) .

Message 9 of 34
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I wonder what kind of CL they give (depending on FICO and Income of course) .

Well, it says on their site that the classic card is a max CL of 10k and the rewards cards are a max CL of 30k... So they probably give some pretty good CL's

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.