Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA Federal Credit Union

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: NASA Federal Credit Union

I'd be nervous charging anything that would come up on my CC statement as "The Moon Society" - my creditors might begin to get worried. Next thing ya know you'll get your next statement with a separate page that has ink blobs on it with a question at the top: "Tell us what you see on this page".

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 21 of 34
Mellon
Established Contributor

Applied for the VISA Platinum Advantage Rewards on 9/29. Approved for 2K

They pulled EX (7 inq). Last known score from Citi denial was 672. I have only two baddies (2 CO). Choose the Eclipse card design.

Message 22 of 34
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

Applied for the VISA Platinum Advantage Rewards on 9/29. Approved for 2K

They pulled EX (7 inq). Last known score from Citi denial was 672. I have only two baddies (2 CO). Choose the Eclipse card design.

CONGRATS!!! Good for you... 2k is a nice starting CL... I wonder how long you have to wait with them before you can apply for a CLI? But thats awesome.. I hope the card grows with you!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 34
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congratulations. That's very nice to know. How many inqs did you bave?
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 24 of 34
Mellon
Established Contributor

I've been with them for about a year. The best thing about this credit union is that they have early access payroll so you get your direct deposit a day early. The downside is that if you don't do direct deposit or bill pay with them then your account is charged an $8 maintenance fee

Message 25 of 34
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

I've been with them for about a year. The best thing about this credit union is that they have early access payroll so you get your direct deposit a day early. The downside is that if you don't do direct deposit or bill pay with them then your account is charged an $8 maintenance fee

Im guessing that is for Checking accounts only. I been a member for a few months now, and havent been charge anything for my Savings account.

Message 26 of 34
Mellon
Established Contributor

yes that is for checking only

Message 27 of 34
lithium78
Established Contributor

I just checked out NASA Federal Credit Union's website and they don't seem to have rates and/or rewards that are any better than my local credit union.  Their main selling point seems to be that they have really cool-looking space designs on their credit cards.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 34
TATATA
Regular Contributor

This credit union is marginal at best. Nothing special about them, except their cool credit card designs, IMHO. They are also stingy with their credit limits. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 29 of 34
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

This credit union is marginal at best. Nothing special about them, except their cool credit card designs, IMHO. They are also stingy with their credit limits. 

I agree. Spiffy looking cards, but nothing special about them other than the pictures. Their other product offerings look average. If you read old threads on creditboards.com from back before 2009 NASA was super generous giving 50K credit limits, then like everyone else, they got tight when financial markets hit the fan.  Been more conservative since. Lowered max card limit to 30K and started pulling multiple credit reports like Cap One does. Definitely cool pictures though.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.