Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA MEMBERSHIP AND CC

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: NASA MEMBERSHIP AND CC

@Anonymous wrote:

Noticed that this thread is a little stale but I thought I would post.

On the 21st I applied for membership only and to open a savings account so that in the future I could consider a mortgage from NASA

On the 22nd I receive an email requesting me to upload a copy of my DL, SS Card, and a Utility bill.

I uploaded them on the 24th.

I still have heard absolutely zilch from them.

What qualification do you need to join Navy, or Penfed?

Penfed, like NASA, is really unrestricted, you can join by making a donation ($20?) to a charity (think there are two and you choose one).   Navy is much more strict, I will let a member give the details!

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is PenFed a SP like Nasa is?

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is PenFed a SP like Nasa is?

No, but the HP is typically good for 90 days so you can apply for CCs and PLOCs under the same original HP for membership 

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do they pull?

Message 34 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Who do they pull?

NASA typically pulls EX and PenFed normally pulls EQ (on rare instances EX).

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed is worse than NASA when it comes to identify verifications and income/w2/two years tax returns verifications. But they're a better credit union overall .
Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Penfed is worse than NASA when it comes to identify verifications and income/w2/two years tax returns verifications. But they're a better credit union overall .

That happens with all CUs.  I did not have to provide any documents or POI for PenFed so it varies from member to member.

Message 37 of 41
IMCUTE2
Contributor

NASA also uses your mortgage score on Experian
FICO08 TU 785 EQ 763 EX 744 as of 05/06/15 GOAL 800+ ALL 3 BY 2016
Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage score for everything?

I finally figured that their website was trying to ask me to upload additional proof of residency etc.

The message said that a copy of a w2 would work so I sent my 2014 and last pay stub. I also asked that they be used as verification of income as well.

Maybe I shouldn't have requested that.... but I figured why not kill 2 birds with a.....  well you know.

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a member with NASA , Penfed , SDFCU and UNFCU . The only one that ever asked me for every single page of my last two year tax reruns was Penfed . Go to the credit database and you'll see way more income verifications than any other creditor and credit union out there .
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.