Re: NASA Star Trek Card

Yes you have to be a member of NASA to get their products
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Thanks for the info OP, I wasn't aware it existed, was on the way, or arrived.

The sad thing is, NASA used to be about reality-based space travel. Seems kind of a step backward to be getting into fictional science, although I totally get the marketing appeal.

Although alot of the stuff in Star Trek has actually spurred real life advancements in space travel well before they were reality.. The people that wrote the original star trek were thinking outside the box and I it pretty interesting to think that some of the people that have worked for Nasa were inspired to do so by watching star trek as they grew up and fiction became reality.  Watched a show on awhile ago about some of the stuff the became truth, was kinda fascinating

And, they had flip phones!

Message 22 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

The sad thing is, NASA used to be about reality-based space travel. Seems kind of a step backward to be getting into fictional science, although I totally get the marketing appeal.

Bur NASA and NASA FCU are two distinct entities....

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would nasa approve me with au accounts only. High 7's across the board, and no debt.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will nasa approve me with au accounts only? High 700's across the board, and no debt. Also who else will approve me?

Message 25 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Would nasa approve me with au accounts only. High 7's across the board, and no debt.

Unfortunately, they will not, at least not for credit products.  While AU history can help, they need established history under your name.

Message 26 of 31
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is pretty darn cool! Wonder how many folks will get approved with only 2 SPs?

I also wonder how many folks will get approved and then see adverse action? lol. (happened to me)

So is "SP" the abbreviation of Sucker Punch? Smiley Happy

Funny guy.

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 31
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Although alot of the stuff in Star Trek has actually spurred real life advancements in space travel well before they were reality.. The people that wrote the original star trek were thinking outside the box and I it pretty interesting to think that some of the people that have worked for Nasa were inspired to do so by watching star trek as they grew up and fiction became reality.  Watched a show on awhile ago about some of the stuff the became truth, was kinda fascinating

I relate it to cell phones, eReaders, and tablets ( the growth of laptops over large computers, don't think I will ever own a desktop again, and I am a developer).  

Though I am leery of apping, because of the rescinding dilemma (yeah, captool comes to mind). Smiley Embarassed

Signature needs updating
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

I relate it to cell phones, eReaders, and tablets ( the growth of laptops over large computers, don't think I will ever own a desktop again, and I am a developer).  

Though I am leery of apping, because of the rescinding dilemma (yeah, captool comes to mind). Smiley Embarassed

Are you folks saying after CAPTOOL's epic NASAFCU thread, he has become an inner chastity belt when it comes to apping for their products?  Smiley Wink  Actually I can account for the effect that thread on me, but my score is much lower at the moment than his was.  

What bothers me about waiting this one, is that the bonus is capped after the first 1,000 cards.  Between this FCU and an obviously appealing product, does anyone have any idea how long that bonus is likely to be open for?

PS What's with the desktop hate?  I just built my first one about a year ago and love the power and value, as well as choice of components, and I don't even really use it for anything prestigious.  Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, they will not, at least not for credit products.  While AU history can help, they need established history under your name.

I'm hoping to pry some more info out of you(or anyone who knows).  Before the other Cap's epic thread about NASAFCU, I was likely to apply for their card that night, after applying for membereship.

A couple of questions, as I have read varying information on here.  I had established credit 4 revolvers, but they are IIB that is about 4 yrs since discharge(no derogs since discharge, about 4 yrs ago).  I now have 3 cards plus 5 synchrony cards, but all about a month or less in age(plus a 10 yr old AU, even though it's said to be of no value for this).  Does anything in this combination bear any merit at all?  I do have a student loan that's been open and in good standing for about a decade, AAoA at 10+ years.

2nd question:   I applied for membership friday evening, and unfortunately had to wait until this afternoon to get a reply, which said it was being processed but needed DL, SS, and lease/utility bill.  Are they going to wait to give me a SP after I provide that information?  

3rd question: If so, would it be better to postpone complying indefinitely, so that I can still apply with 2 SPs(at whatever point folks think I'd qualify)?  If so, should I just not reply, or should I reply to their message with an explanation of my situation and see what the loan officer who replies has to say?

Thanks in advance.  I am not sure if I was supposed to create a separate thread for this, or if it was keeping enough in subject with what others asked.  I'm not sure how this compares with their other 3 cards(don't feel like comparing them right now), but the Captain's card looks sweet and works well for me...*cough*, and the United Federation of Planates card looks sweet too, even though it reminds me of the UN a bit too much.

Live long, and prosper.  

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.