Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA update

I guess the topic got moved to an area where nobody goes on these forums, so I thought I would post an update to the NASA FCU situation/ aka charge off for misuse aka I never used the checking or savings account. Called in today to get my account reinstated, put $100 in and called it a day.

As for those of you with idle accounts, I suggest you monitor the account, as they seem quick to send things to collections. Now had I kept the account closed it may have gone to paid charge-off. It's ridiculous and and a reminder how easy it is to have your credit ruined by some of these companies.

So BEWARE NASA USERS
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NASA update

So was it checking or savings? I think the savings is ok to to leave idle since it's needed for membership.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the checking. They just started charging me in the month of May which makes no sense. (I would assume they would charge me the entire duration)
Message 3 of 11
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was the checking. They just started charging me in the month of May which makes no sense. (I would assume they would charge me the entire duration)

I guess I am having a hard time understanding what happened?  Are you saying that NASA started to charge a non-use fee on their checking account in May when they did not in April?  Why did they start charging you a fee?

So they charged you a fee and depleted your checking account funds?  Did you go negative?  Did they send you letters/emnail saying you are negative?

I find it hard to believe that any Bank/CU would give you a charge off without sending you to collectons first.  The FDCPA is very precise in how debtors can collect money.  Are you saying NASA violated the FDCPA?

I need much more data to form an opinion.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I am having a hard time understanding what happened?  Are you saying that NASA started to charge a non-use fee on their checking account in May when they did not in April?  Why did they start charging you a fee?

So they charged you a fee and depleted your checking account funds?  Did you go negative?  Did they send you letters/emnail saying you are negative?

I find it hard to believe that any Bank/CU would give you a charge off without sending you to collectons first.  The FDCPA is very precise in how debtors can collect money.  Are you saying NASA violated the FDCPA?

I need much more data to form an opinion.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NASA-Federal-Credit-Union/td-p/4081536

More data ^^

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^^^^
Message 6 of 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Are they going to continue to charge you a maintenance fee? or does the $100 balance waive the fee? 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure they didn't go over anything with me, I just put $100 in case any new fees accrue. All I know, is in about 30 days (or next statement closing) I am going to close everything with NASA. Was planning on using them for a refi, but I don't need this out of nowhere collection/charge off letter. No warning = no business from me.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the account reinstated* took a little convincing btw *
Message 9 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Appreciate the heads up Centurion. Thanks!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.