Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: NASA

@MstrPTato wrote:

Both SP on my membership and card approval this past Monday. Like Irish said, never a guarantee.

NASA has not impressed me with service.  My CC was approved online on the 25th of feb.  Underwriter contacted me to esign the loan app...  Turns out their esign system doesn't work and failed.  So NASA had to snailmail the application for signature.  So three four days later I received and signed and emailed. A day later received email stating it had to be notarized.  So I got it notarized and emailed back.  I asked for confirmation that they have received everything, no response.  

It's been over a week and my instantly approved credit card is still in limbo.  

Not very happy with this process.   How wonder how long it will take to receive my instantly approved card. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fico2Go wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Both SP on my membership and card approval this past Monday. Like Irish said, never a guarantee.

NASA has not impressed me with service.  My CC was approved online on the 25th of feb.  Underwriter contacted me to esign the loan app...  Turns out their esign system doesn't work and failed.  So NASA had to snailmail the application for signature.  So three four days later I received and signed and emailed. A day later received email stating it had to be notarized.  So I got it notarized and emailed back.  I asked for confirmation that they have received everything, no response.  

Not very happy with this process.   How wonder how long it will take to receive my instantly approved card. 

Sorry about your troubles with the esign.  It worked fine for me but the delay in getting your card is typical with NASA.  Mine took 3 weeks after I esigned for it to show up.

Message 12 of 44
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

Sorry that you had trouble with eSign.  Caveat to my explanation is that my experience was during the NASA "rush" in September.  I apped for membership online, instantly approved.  Then, I apped for a VISA Cash Rewards and PLOC online, instantly approved for both.  All SPs, I never saw a HP for any of the accounts.  The eSign documents showed up about three days later, which I signed online.  Both accounts showed up online the next day after eSigning the documents.  The PLOC was accessible (you don't get checks, you simply transfer funds to your checking or savings account) that next day.  The VISA card did take about three weeks to receive, however.  I have used the VISA for over$12K worth of purchases, and received cash of about $230 so far (the cash gets paid annually).  They also provide a free set of 150 checks with their Premier eChecking account. All free as long as you do a monthly direct deposit to the eChecking account. You can transfer among accounts to make payments, just like any credit union.  Their online system does take a bit of getting used to, but I have called customer service when I had an issue, and they gladly walked me through it.  The one thing was that the account registration process for online access was a bit "quirky".

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 13 of 44
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Sorry about your troubles with the esign.  It worked fine for me but the delay in getting your card is typical with NASA.  Mine took 3 weeks after I esigned for it to show up.

Would you mind telling me when  the VISA account start showing up on the website?  Currently the nasa site says I have a savings membership but no VISA account anywhere.   After the initial approval email I've not received anythng else from them.  

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fico2Go wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Would you mind telling me when  the VISA account start showing up on the website?  Currently the nasa site says I have a savings membership but no VISA account anywhere.   After the initial approval email I've not received anythng else from them.  

I'm trying to remember but I don't think it did until just before I received the card

Message 15 of 44
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

I'm trying to remember but I don't think it did until just before I received the card

btw, just noticed all your CU cards.  NFCU, Penfed, and NASA talk about a UTIL crusher.  Smiley Happy

How far apart were the app time span between the three?

Message 16 of 44
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

@DUCTAPER77 wrote:

If I apply for a nasa membership is it guaranteed to be a soft pull or is a gamble? Don't want to gamble with a hard pull.

app'd a couple weeks ago, just received card. A sp, and not reporting anywhere, yet.

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 17 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just e-signed the application on Friday...is this the last step for the instant approval. Are they going to request documents like paystubs still? I wanna get this sucker and move a small loan onto the card via balance transfer.

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fico2Go wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

btw, just noticed all your CU cards.  NFCU, Penfed, and NASA talk about a UTIL crusher.  Smiley Happy

How far apart were the app time span between the three?

NFCU in November, PenFed and NASA a week apart in January.  Definitely helps with utilization.  I might even try for a second NFCU or PenFed card before too long.

Message 19 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:

I just e-signed the application on Friday...is this the last step for the instant approval. Are they going to request documents like paystubs still? I wanna get this sucker and move a small loan onto the card via balance transfer.

You should be good but it's still possible that an underwriter could ask for POI.  When you see status change to 'funded' then you're done

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.