Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASAs denial letter

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: NASAs denial letter

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

@@Imhotrodcrazy, sorry for OT, but why is your Cash+ SD? Is there another thread on that? Smiley Very Happy

Very simple.  US Bank member services lied to me on more than one occasion,  so I quit using their Cash+ and LOC cards.  I don't  need  the credit lines.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 21 of 29
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

@@Imhotrodcrazy, sorry for OT, but why is your Cash+ SD? Is there another thread on that? Smiley Very Happy

Very simple,  US Bank member services lied to me on more than one occasion,  therefore I don't use their Cash+ or LOC cards.  I don't need the credit lines.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 22 of 29
JLK93
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:
Or one can see it from the other perspective: managing high credit lines, with good scores, low UTL, spotless reports and 100% on time payments will show lenders how frickin good we are when given credit.

Thanks for posting this, OP. Sorry about the denial. But congrats again on the card. Maybe 6 months-1 year down the line if you still want PLOC you can go for it.

+1

Message 23 of 29
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Perhaps UW critera for PLOC are more strict than CCs? 

I belive this is the case. As I was approved for my CC's no problem and the PLOC was a counter, I asked for $25k and they countered for $5k. I didn't understand as my income was $14k/month. Oh well, I'm happy with both my CC's from them and my $5k PLOC. 

It is strange to see how some of their decisions seem to have no rhyme or reason on who they approve and what limits. I'm getting DW a membership this week and will see if they approve her and what limit. She's in the lower 600 range. 

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

IME that is true. Not NASA related but in just one week,  I got denied for $3K unsecured personal loan (approved later in day with co-signer). Next I get approved for a Visa with $4k limit through a different bank. 

Message 25 of 29
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Slim1Der wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I belive this is the case. As I was approved for my CC's no problem and the PLOC was a counter, I asked for $25k and they countered for $5k. I didn't understand as my income was $14k/month. Oh well, I'm happy with both my CC's from them and my $5k PLOC. 

It is strange to see how some of their decisions seem to have no rhyme or reason on who they approve and what limits. I'm getting DW a membership this week and will see if they approve her and what limit. She's in the lower 600 range. 

I'm not sure about this....I do remember coming accross a post (I know there a like a million nasa posts)where the member stated they were denied for the card but approved for a ploc, but that was during the time when it seemed like nasa was tapping to brakes on cc approvals.

Message 26 of 29
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Slim1Der wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I would be interested as well.  I'm not done with my exclusions, deletions yet , not till end December.  But my scores should be mid, upper 600's, TU is already climbing to 700.  Like to know my chances with the less than 720 club.

Signature needs updating
Message 27 of 29
WuXing5
Regular Contributor

apperently i could not keep my composure in this mass hysteria with crazy NASA, anyway they think i have way too much avaliable credit and new accounts,

in their own words

"Excessive Open Revolving Accounts and/or Borrowing Capacity. Excessive Recently Opened Trades. Excessive Revolving Credit"

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. " - GWB
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WuXing5 wrote:

apperently i could not keep my composure in this mass hysteria with crazy NASA, anyway they think i have way too much avaliable credit and new accounts,

in their own words

"Excessive Open Revolving Accounts and/or Borrowing Capacity. Excessive Recently Opened Trades. Excessive Revolving Credit"

well im 7 days now pending, i guess that means a denial letter as well. I havent heard or recieved anything yet. Speaking of ''way too much credit availe.'' The more credit you have available the less money banks (financial institutions) makes.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.