cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NATIONWIDE CC DENIAL :(( ANY ONE HAVE SUCCESSFUL RECON?

tag
maponafa
New Contributor

NATIONWIDE CC DENIAL :(( ANY ONE HAVE SUCCESSFUL RECON?

Hello I just applied for Nationwde CC last Weds.  I wasn't instantly approved so I called backdoor number today said I was denied due to derogatory credit history.  I only have 1 bad thing on report thats a CO with 1st bank in 03/07 other than that history has been clean I have had 3 cc's reporting good history 2 loans reporting good history they pulled TU and score was 741 according to Truecredit at time of app, I was approved for Barclay card 2500.00 on same day. I was wondering if anyone has had a successful Recon with Nationwide CC.  and if so what number to call.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ - 450 TU - 429 (12-24-2008)
Current Score: EQ - 680 TU - 741 (09-11-2010)
Goal Score: 815
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: NATIONWIDE CC DENIAL :(( ANY ONE HAVE SUCCESSFUL RECON?

I just want to inform credit scores from truecredit are not ficos scores. So your scores can be lower than 741. You can get fico scores here.

Message 2 of 7
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

you have better score that me and i also have 1 bad account and i was approved for 7500 but how many credit card total you have ?

>
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@maponafa wrote:

Hello I just applied for Nationwde CC last Weds.  I wasn't instantly approved so I called backdoor number today said I was denied due to derogatory credit history.  I only have 1 bad thing on report thats a CO with 1st bank in 03/07

Sometimes it's hard to understand that it only takes one derogatory account reporting to damage your history.

Your positive history doesn't "balance" out that CO.  It's a major derogatory.

Barclay's has different underwriting standards than Nationwide.  I have a Barclay's (I also have a BK).  I won't be looking at Nationwide until that BK ages off my reports.

Nevertheless, good luck with your recon.  It's always a good idea to take that inquiry for the longest ride possible.

Best wishes as you move forward!!  And congrats on the lovely Barclay's card.

Message 4 of 7
andre181
Established Contributor

I app'd for Nationwide at the end of July and was denied due to high DTI ratio. Called in to recon, was told it would take 7-10 days.

I just heard back last week, still denied due to high DTI.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you have some patience because their employees are not the brightest crayons in the box! Smiley Happy

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@maponafa wrote:

Hello I just applied for Nationwde CC last Weds.  I wasn't instantly approved so I called backdoor number today said I was denied due to derogatory credit history.  I only have 1 bad thing on report thats a CO with 1st bank in 03/07

Sometimes it's hard to understand that it only takes one derogatory account reporting to damage your history.

Your positive history doesn't "balance" out that CO.  It's a major derogatory.

Barclay's has different underwriting standards than Nationwide.  I have a Barclay's (I also have a BK).  I won't be looking at Nationwide until that BK ages off my reports.

Nevertheless, good luck with your recon.  It's always a good idea to take that inquiry for the longest ride possible.

Best wishes as you move forward!!  And congrats on the lovely Barclay's card.

Exactly!

In most cases each credit card issuer is different and nowhere is this more obvious that with Barclays vs. Nationwide.  Both, IMO, are great cards, but there are distnct differences between the two.

Only one bad thing is, for some lenders one bad thing too many.  And even then.  Just as with scores, you will always find someone with a ower score than yours get approved.  Lenders rarely base approvals on just one or two simple factors; they generally take the total picture.  I have yet to see a one-size-fits-all. 

Message 6 of 7
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@maponafa wrote:

Hello I just applied for Nationwde CC last Weds.  I wasn't instantly approved so I called backdoor number today said I was denied due to derogatory credit history.  I only have 1 bad thing on report thats a CO with 1st bank in 03/07 other than that history has been clean I have had 3 cc's reporting good history 2 loans reporting good history they pulled TU and score was 741 according to Truecredit at time of app, I was approved for Barclay card 2500.00 on same day. I was wondering if anyone has had a successful Recon with Nationwide CC.  and if so what number to call.  Thanks

OP, just wondering whether you pursued this and what the result was?  I recently received the same result "derogatory credit history."  Unlike Barclay's, where I had a successful recon, I'm wondering if this is worth pursuing?  (In addition to recently, I was also denied this card back in January '10.)

Thanks.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.