cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY Cash Rewards Visa APR reduction!

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: NAVY Cash Rewards Visa APR reduction!

Congrats @pizza1!  Question: does anyone know if NFCU reduces APRs below the listed ranges for a given card, or is that a waste of time even asking?

Message 11 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does NAVY use Equifax 9 when they pull your credit for credit cards, personal loans, and lines of credit??

They use their internal scoring system.  They just simply supply EQ 09 to their customers as a courtesy.  Obviously their internal scoring system uses information off your credit report and possibly take into consideration etiher 08/09 scores or possibly another version

Message 12 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats @pizza1!  Question: does anyone know if NFCU reduces APRs below the listed ranges for a given card, or is that a waste of time even asking?

Good question.. Not sure if you can get below their advertised APR like company like AMEX will allow you to do.  Certainly doesn't hurt to try although my gut instinct would probably be a nope.  

Message 13 of 25
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Good question.. Not sure if you can get below their advertised APR like company like AMEX will allow you to do.  Certainly doesn't hurt to try although my gut instinct would probably be a nope.  

AMEX allows this?

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder, pizza! I messaged and received a response and now my APR is lower. You are the bomb!

Message 15 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

AMEX allows this?

Through online chat yes this is the best way back when had delta it was at 5.99% including prime I believe and my ED card is at 10.x now or something like that.  They use to be alot easier to get than they currently are.

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just submitted a request via SM...so we will see if I get lucky too Pizza! While I was there I did get an increase on my FS. 😬

Message 17 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

K, i do believe it has happened. I cant quote it or reference it but i remember a post or 2 here where the poster DID get lower than the advertised apr range. 

Message 18 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, pizza! I messaged and received a response and now my APR is lower. You are the bomb!

Congrats ML,  however Navy is da BOMB, Pizza is da PEPPERONISmiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I just submitted a request via SM...so we will see if I get lucky too Pizza! While I was there I did get an increase on my FS. 😬

Congrats Justa, good luck on the apr reduxSmiley Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.