cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY CashRewards or GO Rewards? How have you like them?

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

NAVY CashRewards or GO Rewards? How have you like them?

Hi My Fico Family-

I've read up on both of these cards but I wanted to get everyones opinions of them who already have them.

What do you consider your pro's, cons and regrets of having them?  Which one do you think Navy offered the best SL with?   I am leaning more towards the GO Rewards.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVY CashRewards or GO Rewards? How have you like them?

Well for me there are no cons or regrets Navy is one of the best out there. I applied for the cash rewards card and got $22,000 right off the bat the applied for the go rewards and got $10,000 have since got that one up to $18,000 Also Applied for the CLOC and was approved for the max of $15,000 so on my first day with navy they approved me for $47,000. Then there are no balance transfers fees and the fee to withdraw money from a ATM if you would ever need to is only $.50 witch I would pay that anyday so yeah I would apply for the goRewards if you want it's great bank and I should say I would never have knew any of this without the myfico community so read up on the things they got to say about navy they won't stear you wrong. Sorry about spelling errors using my iPhone 6 has a mind of its own
Message 2 of 10
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well for me there are no cons or regrets Navy is one of the best out there. I applied for the cash rewards card and got $22,000 right off the bat the applied for the go rewards and got $10,000 have since got that one up to $18,000 Also Applied for the CLOC and was approved for the max of $15,000 so on my first day with navy they approved me for $47,000. Then there are no balance transfers fees and the fee to withdraw money from a ATM if you would ever need to is only $.50 witch I would pay that anyday so yeah I would apply for the goRewards if you want it's great bank and I should say I would never have knew any of this without the myfico community so read up on the things they got to say about navy they won't stear you wrong. Sorry about spelling errors using my iPhone 6 has a mind of its own

Thanks dreider6.  This is great insight.    Do you mind telling me your stats when you applied for everything?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah my transunion Equifax and experian were all in the 690's and i had a ton of inquires tranunion was like 10 Equifax was at 25 and experian was like 20 but I believe those scores don't matter because Navy uses a internal score for there cards when I got my Cash Rewards card it came with a paper with my internal Score it was 400 and they only go up to 450 I believe I have been in the garden since trying to age and get rid of some of those inquires hope you have the same luck I had
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read about the cards and decide which one is best for you. I have a 25k GoRewards and the 15k CLOC. I couldn't be happier. Which one fits your needs?

Message 5 of 10
nrm
Frequent Contributor

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi My Fico Family-

I've read up on both of these cards but I wanted to get everyones opinions of them who already have them.

What do you consider your pro's, cons and regrets of having them?  Which one do you think Navy offered the best SL with?   I am leaning more towards the GO Rewards.

What's your sole purpose of having Navy Federal in the first place? If you want to take advantage of balance transfer, or if you are planning something with the high SL, then go for either card. If you want to enjoy cashback, or travel rewards, there are better cards out there. Personally, most credit unions offer really suck credit cards in term of benefits for me, since I PIF right after the charge. 

Message 6 of 10
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah my transunion Equifax and experian were all in the 690's and i had a ton of inquires tranunion was like 10 Equifax was at 25 and experian was like 20 but I believe those scores don't matter because Navy uses a internal score for there cards when I got my Cash Rewards card it came with a paper with my internal Score it was 400 and they only go up to 450 I believe I have been in the garden since trying to age and get rid of some of those inquires hope you have the same luck I had

Thanks so much for this Dreider6.  Very informative.  

Message 7 of 10
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Read about the cards and decide which one is best for you. I have a 25k GoRewards and the 15k CLOC. I couldn't be happier. Which one fits your needs?

Yes, thats the first thing I did yesterday and thats read up on both cards and actually both fit  my needs.   I was thinking about the GoRewards because it seems to be a little bit better than the Cash Rewards card.   

Message 8 of 10
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@nrm wrote:

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi My Fico Family-

What's your sole purpose of having Navy Federal in the first place? If you want to take advantage of balance transfer, or if you are planning something with the high SL, then go for either card. If you want to enjoy cashback, or travel rewards, there are better cards out there. Personally, most credit unions offer really suck credit cards in term of benefits for me, since I PIF right after the charge. 

Sole purpose is to be apart of two credit credit unions especially with their financing on automobiles, homes, etc.  Now the added bonus of being with them would be their products for me.  Seeing as the GoRewards offers pretty much what the cash rewards offer, then thats the one that seems like a better option for me.  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derrick1977 wrote:

@nrm wrote:

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi My Fico Family-

Sole purpose is to be apart of two credit credit unions especially with their financing on automobiles, homes, etc.  Now the added bonus of being with them would be their products for me.  Seeing as the GoRewards offers pretty much what the cash rewards offer, then thats the one that seems like a better option for me.  

Were both in the same boat as i just became a member and have about the same stats as Dreider6. I really want something that is acually usefull... hmn 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.