Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY FEDERAL.

tag
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

NAVY FEDERAL.

So, I have been a Navy federal customer since I was about 14 or 15; 2004-05. In 07 NavyFCU was the first bank to give me 8500 for a car loan with no credit because I had a 400 dollar direct deposit (Child support my mom gave me from my dad lol) and they also gave me a 1000 dollar credit card.

Well I was only 18 years old and had lost my job after a car accident. Thank god I was not badly injured an had full coverage as well as GAP. The loan was paid off by its 10th month; but my CC went charged off. I settled with them for 650; but I had a checking account that was written off for 45 bucks.

They blacklisted me, restricted my online access and kept my savings account open at 0.01 cent. I then filed for BK and I never included NAVY in my BK7 but they recieved the creditor notice. I then contacted them and tried to re-establish a checking account. No I was denied, felt like a mistreated step child.

I quoted their modo "Once a member always a member" they replied, "sir you are a member, your saving account is available but no other products are available to you."

I was mad and I kicked the dirt for 8 months. I recieved my taxes and then called up NavyFCU and told them I will pay all losses that NAVYfcu has incured by my unwise young mistakes. They glady accepted after I signed a volunteerly payment waiver stating there not making me pay, im making a concious effort to pay yadadada.

Well I paid the rest of the settled credit card; and the checking account. I deposited 1500 in my savings and then asked to re-open checking. DECLINED.

But they said I have to wait 48hrs. First thing in the morning I call to see if they can help me. The first rep said that department is off today because of the snow in virginia. I was like damn, another day! Smiley Sad

So then I decided to call back and asked if they can atleast unrestrict my account online and through the app; they rep said it was a different department and transfered me. The rep then unrestricted my account because I paid all losses and asked. Would you like to set up a checking account?

I was like YES! he then transfered me; Opened it up in less than 5 mins! I then thanked the lady and went down to chase; withdrew 5k and then went to navy deposited 5k in savings and put another 500 in checking. I called to app for a secured credit card and now waiting on the response!

If APPROVED I will vow to garden and not do anything until NAVY offers me anything new! I am so thankful for this opportunity to get back in with NAVY I know there gonna help me out financially in the future!

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: NAVY FEDERAL.

BAM! lol

Message 2 of 41
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Wishing you the best of luck....glad to hear you got things worked out with them!!

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 41
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I will now cherish me and Navys marriage lol

Message 4 of 41
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

wow! i just got to say wow! I know dealing with banks is a business decision and bankruptcy is a business decision not a moral or ethical one, but what a stand up guy. if only....well i won't finish that thought. but congrats on your sucess.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 5 of 41
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, no matter what anyone says it is what it is, i did what i did.. paid the price and now I am back again. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 41
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ihatemyscore wrote:

Thank you, no matter what anyone says it is what it is, i did what i did.. paid the price and now I am back again. Smiley Happy

You are a good example of how to get up off the ground after a few set backs.I can't blame you for wanting to rebuild your relationship with Navy Fed.They in my opinion are THE best lender in the industry.They cater to the needs of a customer more than any business I have known, and I've known a few. Congrats on getting back in.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 7 of 41
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Make sure to keep us posted on that secured CC app!

FICO Scores 800+
Message 8 of 41
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

APPROVED! 17.99APR BUT! I have to start somewhere. I can not believe that Navy has given me another chance this is huge!

Message 9 of 41
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I paid $81 to NFCU for a charged off checking account, and they asked me if I wanted it reopened.  I declined, but am keeping savings!  NFCU is great, but you have to play ball with them.  Congratulations on being back in their good graces!

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.