Frequent Contributor
ihatemyscore

NAVY FEDERAL.

So, I have been a Navy federal customer since I was about 14 or 15; 2004-05. In 07 NavyFCU was the first bank to give me 8500 for a car loan with no credit because I had a 400 dollar direct deposit (Child support my mom gave me from my dad lol) and they also gave me a 1000 dollar credit card.

Well I was only 18 years old and had lost my job after a car accident. Thank god I was not badly injured an had full coverage as well as GAP. The loan was paid off by its 10th month; but my CC went charged off. I settled with them for 650; but I had a checking account that was written off for 45 bucks.

They blacklisted me, restricted my online access and kept my savings account open at 0.01 cent. I then filed for BK and I never included NAVY in my BK7 but they recieved the creditor notice. I then contacted them and tried to re-establish a checking account. No I was denied, felt like a mistreated step child.

I quoted their modo "Once a member always a member" they replied, "sir you are a member, your saving account is available but no other products are available to you."

I was mad and I kicked the dirt for 8 months. I recieved my taxes and then called up NavyFCU and told them I will pay all losses that NAVYfcu has incured by my unwise young mistakes. They glady accepted after I signed a volunteerly payment waiver stating there not making me pay, im making a concious effort to pay yadadada.

Well I paid the rest of the settled credit card; and the checking account. I deposited 1500 in my savings and then asked to re-open checking. DECLINED.

But they said I have to wait 48hrs. First thing in the morning I call to see if they can help me. The first rep said that department is off today because of the snow in virginia. I was like damn, another day! :smileysad:

So then I decided to call back and asked if they can atleast unrestrict my account online and through the app; they rep said it was a different department and transfered me. The rep then unrestricted my account because I paid all losses and asked. Would you like to set up a checking account?

I was like YES! he then transfered me; Opened it up in less than 5 mins! I then thanked the lady and went down to chase; withdrew 5k and then went to navy deposited 5k in savings and put another 500 in checking. I called to app for a secured credit card and now waiting on the response!

If APPROVED I will vow to garden and not do anything until NAVY offers me anything new! I am so thankful for this opportunity to get back in with NAVY I know there gonna help me out financially in the future!

Last App: 9/16/13
BK Discharge: 6/12
NavyFCU Flagship Visa Sig $10k | NavyFCU nReward Secured $500 | NavChek $5k | Walmart $600 | Capital 1 Quicksilver $750 | Capital 1 Plat $1k | Kays $400 | Amazon $600 | Express $250 |
Frequent Contributor
ihatemyscore

Re: NAVY FEDERAL.

BAM! lol

NavyFCU Flagship Visa Sig $10k | NavyFCU nReward Secured $500 | NavChek $5k | Walmart $600 | Capital 1 Quicksilver $750 | Capital 1 Plat $1k | Kays $400 | Amazon $600 | Express $250 |
Valued Contributor
dodfire

Wishing you the best of luck....glad to hear you got things worked out with them!!

*8/10/13
Frequent Contributor
ihatemyscore

Thank you! I will now cherish me and Navys marriage lol

Established Contributor
NJTurnpike

wow! i just got to say wow! I know dealing with banks is a business decision and bankruptcy is a business decision not a moral or ethical one, but what a stand up guy. if only....well i won't finish that thought. but congrats on your sucess.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Frequent Contributor
ihatemyscore

Thank you, no matter what anyone says it is what it is, i did what i did.. paid the price and now I am back again. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
MountainHiker

ihatemyscore wrote:

Thank you, no matter what anyone says it is what it is, i did what i did.. paid the price and now I am back again. :smileyhappy:

You are a good example of how to get up off the ground after a few set backs.I can't blame you for wanting to rebuild your relationship with Navy Fed.They in my opinion are THE best lender in the industry.They cater to the needs of a customer more than any business I have known, and I've known a few. Congrats on getting back in.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Established Contributor
Leadberry

Make sure to keep us posted on that secured CC app!

Frequent Contributor
ihatemyscore

APPROVED! 17.99APR BUT! I have to start somewhere. I can not believe that Navy has given me another chance this is huge!

Senior Contributor
fishbjc

I paid $81 to NFCU for a charged off checking account, and they asked me if I wanted it reopened.  I declined, but am keeping savings!  NFCU is great, but you have to play ball with them.  Congratulations on being back in their good graces!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+