Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVY Federal AR

tag
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

NAVY Federal AR

Just pulled my equifax <mod edit> and noticed an AR from Navy Federal on 2/28/2017. My question is: Does Navy Federal pull the AR from Equifax or TransUnion? And i thought it primarily occurred during odd numbered months around the 1st of each odd numbered month. I guess i was expecting a soft pull on my Transunion report. When i was approved for membership i noticed inquiries from Navy Federal on both Transunion and Equifax. When i got my letter regarding score from getting my cashrewards card it said there was a pull from Transunion. Efx is my lowest score report at 647 as it has only 1 negative that goes away on May 1st, 2017. My transunion score is 710 and my experian score is 708. So is navy federal pulling ar on Equifax or Transunion or both???

Edit note:  It's against the TOS to advocate that here.  --UB

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NAVY Federal AR

Navy primarily pulls EQ for CC, especially for AR - that isn't to say that they won't *ALSO* pull TU if you're borderline, but they always pull EQ

In your case, I'd hold off and wait to increase your credit limit until the next AR - coincidentally occurring right around May 1  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

My second statement just printed on March 3rd. I already paid it in full. So my third statement will come out on april 3rd. Then my next ar should be in May as you say. It's better if it pulls around the 3rd of may as my last negative item deletes on May1st. The only negative item remaining on my efx report. My other two bureaus are clean. I was wondering if it will be best to apply for increase in May. When i was first approved in late January i tried to ask for higher limit. They wouldn't raise they said i needed to have 6 months in as there were many factors to take into account. I'm wondering if i should wait until July or try in May for my limit increase??? My initial limit was 1100. I'm hoping it increases alot more....

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried for Early Exclusion?  occasionally you can get something to drop a month or 2 early without much trouble - just dispute as 'too old' and see what happens

Message 4 of 6
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

I tried that already it came back with no deletion like a month ago. They only updated the tradeline but first delinquency date id 5/2010 so it's ripe for deletion on May 1st. transunion and experian granted me early exclusions and both of them are now clean. Just waiting for equifax now. I've read they are the hardest to deal with. Seems like i have an old equifax report that said delinquency date was in March. I have to go thru my old reports and see if i can find it because if i can i can send that to efx and dispute the first delinquency date. That date changed on one of my previous disputes about 1.5 to 2.0 years ago. I've disputed multiple times but never really got rid of it yet. It's a small amount but that creditor has digged in their heels and always verifies the same info over and over and no deletion. Has stayed on my report for almost the who seven years. I really think the account must have went delinquent in March 2010.

Message 5 of 6
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@jtw34240 wrote:

I tried that already it came back with no deletion like a month ago. They only updated the tradeline but first delinquency date id 5/2010 so it's ripe for deletion on May 1st. transunion and experian granted me early exclusions and both of them are now clean. Just waiting for equifax now. I've read they are the hardest to deal with. Seems like i have an old equifax report that said delinquency date was in March. I have to go thru my old reports and see if i can find it because if i can i can send that to efx and dispute the first delinquency date. That date changed on one of my previous disputes about 1.5 to 2.0 years ago. I've disputed multiple times but never really got rid of it yet. It's a small amount but that creditor has digged in their heels and always verifies the same info over and over and no deletion. Has stayed on my report for almost the who seven years. I really think the account must have went delinquent in March 2010.

I received EEs from both TU and EX by calling.  My EE from Equifax came 1 month early and it was done automatically on the first of the month with no action by me.  You might get lucky and have it happen prior to the May AR.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.