Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVYFED QUESTION

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

NAVYFED QUESTION

I have a visa for 5k and a mc for 15k with navyfed and the visa updates every month to the cra, but the mc last updated in may. I called in june to ask why and was told it was because there was no activity on the card. I  actually had a $65 bal. Is this affecting my score? I have been using this mc more because i now know even if i make a big purchase, it woundn't be reported and this has worked since may. Should I be concerned or i should just let sleeping dogs lie. I have had the card for 7 mos but  it has reported only 3 times. What do you think I should do?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Re: NAVYFED QUESTION

Hmm...

I feel like it should be reporting every month... How do you know it only reported 3 out of the past 7 months?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

$65 balance?  No it won't hurt you.
Message 3 of 11
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I saw in my credit report that it was last reported in May. I got the card in feb and since then it reported in march, april, may and then stoppped reporting on all three cra.
Message 4 of 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

When's the last time you pulled a credit report? I know for a fact that Navy Federal reports to the CRAs monthly. If there was a mistake, which is very possible, I think it's more likely it happened on the CRA's end, but it's possible Navy Federal goofed if your most recent report shows that the balance is still $65 when it's actually different.

Message 5 of 11
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I have true credit and i check my reports almost every day. My other cc with them reports regularly.
Message 6 of 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

It might be worth a call over to Equifax and asking them what's up. IMHO, if it's not hurting your score all that much I'd leave it be because I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of getting it fixed. However, if if you want to make sure it's reporting the balance just give a call the the credit bureau and get them to look into it -- shouldn't be too hard if you just got another report from them.
Message 7 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@jaybird201 wrote:
It might be worth a call over to Equifax and asking them what's up. IMHO, if it's not hurting your score all that much I'd leave it be because I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of getting it fixed. However, if if you want to make sure it's reporting the balance just give a call the the credit bureau and get them to look into it -- shouldn't be too hard if you just got another report from them.

I would not call any CRA they are liable to delete the account entirely. Never go by what any reseller has on file. Pull an actual Equifax report and if the account hasn't updated on that just call Navy Federal and explain the problem.

Message 8 of 11
jaybird201
Established Contributor

If you talk to the CRA they wouldn't delete the account. They'd call up Navy Federal and verify the information on the account. Worst case they'll call Navy Federal, they'll verify the account is open and in good standing and nothing ill happen. So, unless you contest the tradeline with the CRA and when they call Navy Federal, they flat-out lie and say that you don't have an acocunt with them, it won't be closed.
Message 9 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@jaybird201 wrote:
If you talk to the CRA they wouldn't delete the account. They'd call up Navy Federal and verify the information on the account. Worst case they'll call Navy Federal, they'll verify the account is open and in good standing and nothing ill happen. So, unless you contest the tradeline with the CRA and when they call Navy Federal, they flat-out lie and say that you don't have an acocunt with them, it won't be closed.

I would never bet on any action any CRA is likely to take after a phone call. You think you are dealing with geniuses? You're not.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.