Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVchek Checking Line of Credit 1st use

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

NAVchek Checking Line of Credit 1st use

Have the checking LOC (formerly NAVchek) for a few years with no use, thinking of making a transaction to show usage and paying it off promptly since the 13.9% rate isn't really suitable to me, even for a short term loan. Question is, can I simply pull from NFCU Checking via USAA online account and if the NFCU checking balance is insufficient-will the funds automatically be sent from NAVchek LOC to USAA checking?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: NAVchek Checking Line of Credit 1st use

Yes
Message 2 of 4
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Have the checking LOC (formerly NAVchek) for a few years with no use, thinking of making a transaction to show usage and paying it off promptly since the 13.9% rate isn't really suitable to me, even for a short term loan. Question is, can I simply pull from NFCU Checking via USAA online account and if the NFCU checking balance is insufficient-will the funds automatically be sent from NAVchek LOC to USAA checking?

There is no real need to show usage as NFCU will not close due to inactivity...short answer, yes.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 3 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

@score_building wrote:

There is no real need to show usage as NFCU will not close due to inactivity...short answer, yes.

Thanks for the helpful f/b baller and info LearningMore

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.