Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCSECU

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

NCSECU

Are any you guys members of NCSECU?

If so do any of you have their credit card? If so what were your scores....this is one of the largest credit unions in the country and seems to be impossible to get a credit card from this institution

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Re: NCSECU

I'm in NCSECU but I never tried for a credit card from them.  I have an auto loan, and they were pretty conservative about how much they thought I could afford so I did not get as much as I wanted.  If the credit card approvals are anything like the loan approvals, they go by more than just your score.  Income and debt ratio are important.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 2 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

I know a lot of people who bank with NCSECU and I know no one that has their card...maybe b/c its a basic card with no rewards and low APR...but still I don't know any one with the cardSmiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 13
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

I've seen a couple co-workers pull theirs out when we all go to lunch, but I'm not into discussing finances with my co-workers so I don't know any more details.  But I can reassure you that some people do get approved.  Must have to do with income, because they're all higher up on the corporate ladder than me!

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 4 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

*update*..went on an app spree recently and among my deired creditors was NCSECU. I applied and after 3 days i was approved for $750. My lowest limit but i was surprised at the approval seeing how conservative they are..so i guess getting a card from them CAN be done

Message 5 of 13
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

W0W...such a small limit...

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I wonder how they are with CLIs after good useage.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

they don't do auto-CLI's. You have to apply for CLI (hard pull). I won't be trying for any increase anytime soon

Message 8 of 13
tonyljeff
Established Member

I just got approved for a $2500 cl with them. The rep I talked to was real nice he keep asking me what cl was I looking for so I told him $1000. He put me on hold for about 5min he came back on and said ok you're approved. Then I asked him how would I go about getting a higher cl he said not to hard he would have to just go back in and review everything. He again asked me what limit was I looking for I said $2500 he said ok just hold on for a few mins. He came back on after about 3mins and asked me about an old Verizon bill I had on my credit that i'm currently paying on. I told him what was going on with that then he put me back on hold for about 1min and came back on in said ok you're approved for $2500.I've been with them for about 7yrs.

Starting Score: 601 July 2013
Current Score: 625 sept 2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Ive been a member for 3 years and I have their cc which I velieve has an apr of 7.25 on prchases and cash advances.  Cl is currently at 2k and has been their for a year.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.