Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED ADVICE IN APPLYING CREDIT CARD

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: NEED ADVICE IN APPLYING CREDIT CARD

@amit1326 wrote:

Usually after what time, they increase limits... i mean 6 months or less.

My spending & payment is high, as I use for credit card for business also. I always pay the whole amount .. so any useful tip . that could help me . Which card should I spend more, any more advice 

Thanks & appriciate your help 

It depends on the lender. The Amex you have is great for building your limit up. When you hit the 61st day of your account being open, you can request a credit line increase 3x of what your current limit is (example: 5,000 to 15,000). From what I've heard, it is always a soft pull.

Discover usually will give you a CLI after 3 months, but to avoid a hard pull, it is usually a smaller amount than you ask for. To be considered for say, a $3,000 increase, they will hard pull your report. 

BoA, since it is secured, they will always hard pull you when you add funds to the account, which sucks. What I did, is try to unsecure the card a bit early. Contact the executive office through email and usually they can do it for you (also ask for a credit limit increase on the same hard pull as graduation).

For everyone else, it seems like 6-12 months is generally the waiting time. I would check with each bank and make sure you;re qualified/ Also check if they will pull hard or not.

Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
If you are using your cc's for business,mi would strongly suggest you getting a business cc. Cap 1 Spark, Amex Bus or Chase Ink. Depending on how much you are putting on your personal accounts, you don't want to raise red flags that these are actually business charges and not personal charges - other than the routine business reimbursements/expenses.

+1 totally agree 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
amit1326
Valued Member

Thanks 

Do they auto increase or shall I request Amex after 61 day? 

Same about discover? shall I apply for limit increase? 

Bank OF America I have heard that they return your security after 11 months, I opened in April 2013.

Message 13 of 14
amit1326
Valued Member

Thanks for your advice, 

But I have no business credit .. opened it new .. just few months back. I searched a lot but didnt find any secured Business credit card or credit line to built business credit,

I will definately keep in mind that I dont use much.

One I use .. are regular bills for advertising or utilies or somtimes small purchases not very high purchases,

Thanks for advice 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.