cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP!!! BALANCE TRANSFER MISTAKE AND ?

tag
qt33

NEED HELP!!! BALANCE TRANSFER MISTAKE AND ?

Hello,

I was recently approved for a 20k PSECU Visa Card with a plan to take advantage of the nice BT rate of 2.9% and purchase rate of 9.9%.

I completed all my BT's to my PSECU card and then it dawned on me that I should have transferred my Discover balance with the 18% rate to my PSECU account first. And then with the extra room I have left on my Discover card transfer my other balances to my Discover card to take advantage of the 0% for 1 year BT rate.

So my question for all of you credit novices out there is.....If I now decide to do a BT from my new PSECU account to my Discover IT card, will it look bad on my behalf?

I am very happy I got approved for this new card and I dont want to appear as if I am pyramiding debt.

All opinions are welcomed.

Thanks

As Of 8/2013: Equifax=683, Experian=666, TransUnion=661

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: NEED HELP!!! BALANCE TRANSFER MISTAKE AND ?

@qt33 wrote:

Hello,

I was recently approved for a 20k PSECU Visa Card with a plan to take advantage of the nice BT rate of 2.9% and purchase rate of 9.9%.

I completed all my BT's to my PSECU card and then it dawned on me that I should have transferred my Discover balance with the 18% rate to my PSECU account first. And then with the extra room I have left on my Discover card transfer my other balances to my Discover card to take advantage of the 0% for 1 year BT rate.

So my question for all of you credit novices out there is.....If I now decide to do a BT from my new PSECU account to my Discover IT card, will it look bad on my behalf?

I am very happy I got approved for this new card and I dont want to appear as if I am pyramiding debt.

All opinions are welcomed.

Thanks

No, that won't look too bad on your behalf, but asking for credit advice from only the credit novices does, at least a little. They are still going to get their bt fees from you, so they don't care.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 6
qt33

thanks, but just so you know I consider everyone on this board a novice. If it werent from keeping up with all the forums and contributions from the users on this board, I would have never gotten to the point to be approved for a PSECU account Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@qt33 wrote:
thanks, but just so you know I consider everyone on this board a novice. If it werent from keeping up with all the forums and contributions from the users on this board, I would have never gotten to the point to be approved for a PSECU account Smiley Happy

Oh, okay, I see now. You just do not quite understand what a novice is.... It's all good. A novice is a beginner or a rookie.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 6
qt33

lol, how embarrasing, my bad....now do you see why need everyones help here Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@qt33 wrote:
lol, how embarrasing, my bad....now do you see why need everyones help here Smiley Happy

There is no reason to be embarrassed bro, everyone makes mistakes---and I feel the same way about the folks on this board...I have come a very long way in the last, almost two years--credit-wise, and I owe it all to the people here.

My Wallet:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.