Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH UTIL!!!

tag
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

NEED HELP WITH UTIL!!!

I have about 80% util between 3 cc and one chargeoff about 3871total. 1900 on two cc the other card has a 0 balance. The Co is for 1971, my wife just received a citi forward card with 1200 cl. Would adding myself as an AU help or hurt me. My average age on accounts is 4 years and no inq on either report. Please give feedback.
Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED HELP WITH UTIL!!!

I'm at bit confused!! You are 24 yrs age,yet your charge off was in 1971?? Maybe a typo......please clarify,so the FICO Masters (not me) can help you.
Message 2 of 5
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

No the Charge off is for $1971.00. but is calcula.ted in my util
Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

LILMAN8406 wrote:
I have about 80% util between 3 cc and one chargeoff about 3871total. 1900 on two cc the other card has a 0 balance. The Co is for 1971, my wife just received a citi forward card with 1200 cl. Would adding myself as an AU help or hurt me. My average age on accounts is 4 years and no inq on either report. Please give feedback.

If your numbers are correct, your total CLs equal 4838. 80% of that equals your 3871.

If you add a spouse's 1200 Citi, then your new total CL would equal about 6000. Your util would drop to about 64%. At best you'll get 10 points out of the deal with util remaining that high. And that's assuming you let it report $0, vs reporting with a balance.

Your mix of credit won't help, and since it is a new CC, your AAoA will drop. I bet you'll lose at least 20 points due to the short history.

As your net, I bet you'll lose 10 points with maybe some points coming back within 6-12 months if you let it report $0 and you don't pay off any debt.

Message 4 of 5
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Im definately not going to add myself. Dont want to lose any of my hard earned points. Thanks for the input.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.