cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW AND FINAL UPDATE** Chase closed out all of my cards with them..LOL!!

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Chase closed out all of my cards with them..LOL!!

@akula wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So do we have any general concensus what caused Chase to do this as obviously it wasn't random.. Was it the 6 chase cards in one year?  I am thinking that is the case.. Once the Ritz hit, raised a red flag and AA happened, pushed over a certain threshold.. Other lenders are just the icing on the cake type of thing they added to there list.  Thoughts?

I think there were multiple variables.  I understand that baddies existed at app time and maybe the 6 accounts brought the flag up.  However, I believe once manually reviewed and they noticed the late mortgage payments, this is what ended the relationship.  I am thinking if the baddies were not present, this would have went down differently.  

Another variable potentially was the 6k outstanding.  I understand that in regards to his overall credit limits, this was just a drop in the bucket - but baddies, 6k debt, multiple new accounts, and finally the transfer of UR points just did not make Chase a happy camper.  All conjecture on my part, of course. 

I agree with most of this, although I am skeptical that the transfer of UR points played a role. I guess they could flag it as an indicator of someone's intent to run out without paying the balances on the cards  in light of the other factors, but I think the other factors alone is what triggered this. I understand where Chase is coming from in this situation as they don't know OP and they are making a preemptive strike to limit their exposure. I would not say I agree with them, but I understand. 6 cards in one year is a lot with one lender and I have a feeling OP was on thin ice and the Ritz app was just too much for Chase to bear. I believe the ritz app flagged OPs account and on manual review the determination was made to overturn what had been prior approvals by the computer system. Given their unwillingness to reconsider the decision it seems like they have some set guidelines as to what is a mandatory closure. I strongly believe its always better to build up a credit profile slowly. I know others disagree, but I think this serves as a lesson that if you go hard with a lender or with seeking credit in general in  a really aggressive way you are going to get looked at closely and risk this type of thing if a lender does not like what they see.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 211 of 371
knhorn
Contributor

Chase is trash.

Message 212 of 371
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@knhorn wrote:

Chase is trash. If you bank with Chase, you're banking with the Morgans, Rockefellers, shareholders of the private Federal Reserve, and other globalist stranglehold tyrant scum.

Same can be said about BofA...  Broad statements like this are bad.  All big lenders can be grouped into this statement.  You didn't see BofA not taking the bail-out money from the tay payers...

Message 213 of 371
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE** Chase closed out all of my cards with them..LOL!!

thats sad to hear

Message 214 of 371
Anonymous
Not applicable

@knhorn wrote:

Chase is trash. If you bank with Chase, you're banking with the Morgans, Rockefellers, shareholders of the private Federal Reserve, and other globalist stranglehold tyrant scum.

This adds nothing to the conversation.  

Message 215 of 371
Anonymous
Not applicable

@knhorn wrote:

@knhorn,

Oh yeah?  Chase is trash and you think the other banks you have cards with aren't? That's an absurd comment to make and quite ridiculous. They are not perfect in any sense but quite better than most of companies out there. A strong word like "trash" is just unacceptable.

Message 216 of 371
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@knhorn wrote:

You sound like you've been listening to too much Alex Jones there. 

I don't get what your comment has to do with the topic first and foremost. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 217 of 371
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@knhorn wrote:

@Anonymous,

+1....

Message 218 of 371
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Just a plug for Chase here.  I opened a Freedom card a few years ago and I think my initial APR was something like 15.99%.  I just noticed they had dropped it to 12.99%. I don't recall getting any notice - it just happened.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 219 of 371
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@knhorn wrote:

+1 It is best to get back on topic as this does nothing to further the conversation

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 220 of 371
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.