cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW AND FINAL UPDATE** Chase closed out all of my cards with them..LOL!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE** Chase closed out all of my cards with them..LOL!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ooh this has me burned up and I don't even have a dog in this hunt. I would give up on this OP. No way.

But that wouldn't fit the OP's handle. Ysettle. Smiley Tongue

I meant to say "wouldn't give up". You caught me before I had a chance to edit it. Darn smartphone lol.

However my mistake prompted your reply, which made me chuckle heartily. So overall a win, lol.

Message 351 of 371
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I can understand about not wanting to give up on a matter of principal, but on the other hand, issuers have the right to shut down accounts for any (completely stupid) reason they want. In this case it was definitely stupid. However, why would you want to do business with a lender whom you have to fight and argue with to accept you? I wouldn't want to. Screw them, if they don't want my business.

Message 352 of 371
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I can understand about not wanting to give up on a matter of principal, but on the other hand, issuers have the right to shut down accounts for any (completely stupid) reason they want. In this case it was definitely stupid. However, why would you want to do business with a lender whom you have to fight and argue with to accept you? I wouldn't want to. Screw them, if they don't want my business.

This is why I advise pushing back, getting the accounts reopened and then closing them on their your own terms.

Message 353 of 371
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: NEW AND FINAL UPDATE** Chase closed out all of my cards with them..LOL!!

Hell yea nix, i say STICK IT TO THE MAN!!
Message 354 of 371
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

This is why I advise pushing back, getting the accounts reopened and then closing them on their your own terms.

Maybe in a couple of months I'll make another phone call. Ultimately, it maybe worth the fight to get accounts reopened then close on my terms, as you've stated.

So, with that said, this is not quite over yet.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 355 of 371
jre
Regular Contributor

I would give it a couple of months before you contacted them again to reconsider. It hasn't even been a month since the AA plus I believe another poster experienced a positive result when he was patient and demonstrated whatever was required.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 356 of 371
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Chase CLD'd me on 3 accts for about $15k 2 months ago.

They were PIF'd within 2 wks after the CLD's.  I have not made contact with them at all.  I'm using the cards sparingly, a couple hundred a month, and PIF'ing.

I'll let it go for 6 mos and see what they have to say then..  I will be expecting nothing less than full re-instatement of original CL's, maybe even more.

I'll give them 1 chance to come correct, otherwise, I'm gonna make a "CHASE" shrine in my bottom drawer with my dirty Calvin Kleins.

Message 357 of 371
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

UPDATE:

Tried one last time to get the accounts re-opened. Got denied again and this time the account are being reomved from their "active" state. Meaning, there are no further opportinuties to re-open and would have to apply for new accounts.

Apply for new accounts OR just move on?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 358 of 371
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

What were the reasons for not re opening?
Signature needs updating
Message 359 of 371
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they're being such (blank), I would move on!  I was ready to do the same with Cap One until they decided to come around.  No sense in wasting your time & emotions on them!  There are plenty of good cards out there. Smiley Wink

Message 360 of 371
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.