Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*NEW AmEx ZYNC customer -- AmEx for everything change

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: *NEW AmEx ZYNC customer -- AmEx for everything change

We had a lot of overdrafts last year due to timing of our income and outflow... It was hard for me to make sure that we weren't spending beyond what we had. What made it worse is that gas started getting preauthorized for 1 dollar instead of the full amount, so your pending balance could be off by as much as 200 dollars if we filled up all three cars.

Luckily amex fixed all of that for us. One bill for all discretionary spending is very easy to manage, rather than trying to keep track of all of the individual transactions
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

We also put the cell phone bill, direct tv bill, security system bill, netflix subscription, and internet bill, as well as our turnpike accounts for the three cars. That diminishes the amount of individual bills we pay and makes it easy to make sure they are paid on time
FICO 9:

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's been your overall experience with ZYNC and rewards points?
Message 13 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I redeemed points once, I redeemed about 9k points and got a sony ihome for the house, which retailed for about 117.

You can redeem at amazon, with 10k points worth about 70 bucks, or you can redeem for statement credit with 10k points worth about 60 bucks. Or you can redeem for gift cards to home depot. 10k for 100 bucks worth of gift cards.
FICO 9:

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.