Super Contributor

Re: NEW CARDS THAT JUST HIT THE MARKET

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@afinch1992 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Sam's Club MC is a bit of let down because,

* Needs Sam's Club membership.

* Rewards are paid annually in the form of Sam's Club check usable only in Sam's Club.

Very smart on their part, but terrible as a cash back card now for obvious reasons. Great catch. 

Isnt this exactly how the costco amex works? And people seem to love that card. 

American Express Costco 3% gas, 2% restaurant, --------------------$4,000 max 

AMEX Costco Business     4% gas, 2% restaurant, 2% travel ------$7,000 max

Sams Club MasterCard     5% gas, 3% restaurant, ------------------- $5,0000 max

i see you have the Citi Double Cash ... did you recieved it yet (is it orangle/red or silver mastercard logo ? what was your score, who they pulled and credit limit. thanks 

The score they gave me was 683, but it wasn't a fico (range of 250-950) They pulled EQ, my TU fico is 727 (not sure about EQ or EX, but I assume they are similar, all my reports have the same info on them). CL was 1200 with a 22.99% APR, which I'm a little upset about since I've been with citi for around 2 years now. Few days later chase gave me 5k on the marriot. lol (If you mouse over the pics of my cards it'll tell you the limits) 

Haven't received the card yet. Waiting impatiently for it. 

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex Costco TE cash back award certificate must be redeemed at Costco, but you can redeem it for cash at any register (no purchase necessary).  I wonder if the Sam's Club check can be redeemed for cash at Sam's Club registers?

You can also call and ask to have the rebate amount applied to your balance if you wish. I have done it twice, once where we lost the certificate and another where I just called in and plainly asked.

Message 22 of 42
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Costco amex. You can cash the rewards check at Costco.. Part of their tc
Message 23 of 42
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think I need this Sams Club MC!

lol. CA is hillarious. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 42
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NEW Sam’s Club® Mastercard® 

No annual credit card fee**

Introducing the NEW Citi® Double Cash Card. 
Citi® Double Cash Card - Cash Back Credit Card from Citi

1% when you buy

+1% as you pay

No annual fee

Is the Cash Back reward only valid for Sam's / Murphy Gas stations?

Message 25 of 42
jsucool76
Super Contributor

appears to be all gas stations, including sam's 

Message 26 of 42
_sidhe_
Regular Contributor

I'll have to keep the Sam's card in mind after I leave the garden.

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_sidhe_ wrote:
I'll have to keep the Sam's card in mind after I leave the garden.

this beats my 3% gas Bank America Rewards. I have $30,000 from Synchrony Bank (Formally GE Retail Bank) I'm sure they'll love to give me more! Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@afinch1992 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Sam's Club MC is a bit of let down because,

* Needs Sam's Club membership.

* Rewards are paid annually in the form of Sam's Club check usable only in Sam's Club.

Very smart on their part, but terrible as a cash back card now for obvious reasons. Great catch. 

Isnt this exactly how the costco amex works? And people seem to love that card. 

AMEX Costco Business     4% gas, 2% restaurant, 2% travel ------$7,000 max

Sams Club MasterCard     5% gas, 3% restaurant, ------------------- $5,0000 max

i see you have the Citi Double Cash ... did you recieved it yet (is it orangle/red or silver mastercard logo ? what was your score, who they pulled and credit limit. thanks 

The score they gave me was 683, but it wasn't a fico (range of 250-950) They pulled EQ, my TU fico is 727 (not sure about EQ or EX, but I assume they are similar, all my reports have the same info on them). CL was 1200 with a 22.99% APR, which I'm a little upset about since I've been with citi for around 2 years now. Few days later chase gave me 5k on the marriot. lol (If you mouse over the pics of my cards it'll tell you the limits) 

Haven't received the card yet. Waiting impatiently for it. 

Synchrony Bank (Formally GE apital Retail Bank) They will most likely pull TransUnion (soft pulls for credit limit increases except CareCredit) 

(Walmart, Amazon, Paypal Extras MasterCard, CareCredit, GAP, Old Navy, Ebay, Bannana Republic, JC Penny,)

AMEX Costco Business     4% gas, 2% restaurant, --------------------$7,000 max

Sams Club MasterCard   5% gas, 3% restaurant, ------------------ $5,000 max

Chase AARP                     3% gas, 3% restaurant, --------------------UNLIMITED

Bank Amerca Cash           3% gas, 0% restaurant, --------------------$1,500 max

US Bank Cash+                2% gas, 5% restaurant, -------------------$2,000 max

Message 29 of 42
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Is this City card Visa or Mastercard?

I like my priceline visa but this sounds better especially if I can get the rewards as a check/deposit into my account.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.